Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ishavemychesthair2

My new cars: 2009 Mercedes C63 AMG (sold); current: 2010 Porsche Boxster S

I came back home for some time over the summer and my Evo X was giving me headaches. Literally. The exhaust I put on the car was really loud and it started to give me headaches on the highway when I would go for a cruise.

Alhamdulillah i had some money saved up and I decided that I wanted to treat myself a bit more then I'm used to. So i decided between three cars: a 2007+ Corvette Z06, an E92 M3, or a C63 AMG. I was never attracted to paddle shifters as I always had a car with a traditional manual transmission. But after I drove the AMG I was impressed with the ease of power and the torque!! V8 with 400+ hp.

7f8d716d-811a-4054-a53c-a1c67a504985_zps

5F810F81-964E-46AB-9703-5EA81D3A729A-369

B0C67B0B-B82D-4A46-B283-310639328F78-369

but then i got bored with it real quick. 2nd car to be posted on 2nd post.

so i got bored with the car. don't get me wrong, the AMG is an amazing machine. but I didn't like the fact that it didn't come in manual transmission. and it was heavy. the mercedes couldn't corner worth crap. so I decided to trade it for a different car but something more me. So i got a porsche, mid-engined, 6 speed car :)

01B42BB2-B02C-4D6D-ACBF-8252ECC6698D-180

A00B098A-597F-4079-8367-8A065ED95589-180

4EB4DF7E-6F4B-486A-9389-6FEC6B0C18CC-144

2A58D6FD-2E9B-4901-9344-60FFD34BD444-866

BADEFC5D-7960-4EDE-A5DE-A1589C3E29E4-445

Those pics with the mountains in the background look like car adverts, nice! Are you into photography? Also if your exhaust was giving you headaches, can you change it?

Those pics with the mountains in the background look like car adverts, nice! Are you into photography? Also if your exhaust was giving you headaches, can you change it?

nah not into photography just got lucky.

i thought about it but the value of my car was dropping because of the modifications.

Is that Mercedes more of an everyday car than the Porsche?

it is but i don't need four doors; i don't have a wife or kids so just two doors works. the porsche has two trunk spaces; one in the front and one in the back since the car has a mid-engine placement.

it is but i don't need four doors; i don't have a wife or kids so just two doors works. the porsche has two trunk spaces; one in the front and one in the back since the car has a mid-engine placement.

Nice. Do you take your Porsche grocery shopping and stuff?

Good stuff! I'm with you, I despise paddle shifters bro. Boxster is a superb roadster.

Evo X is a great car, but just seems like the technology does a lot of the work for the driver

i thought about it but the value of my car was dropping because of the modifications.

Mods on the Evo? What did you have done? I see the aftermarket FMIC

Good stuff! I'm with you, I despise paddle shifters bro. Boxster is a superb roadster.

Evo X is a great car, but just seems like the technology does a lot of the work for the driver

it really does.

the all wheel drive provided phenomenal control of the car but once you lose it you really lose control and it can be scary lol. although if i lived in Alaska i would have kept the Evo X and drove it around in the snow - that is the most fun i've had in a car when it snows.

the boxster s is probably the best car i've owned to date alhamdulillah. mid-engine, 6 speed, german engineering, rear wheel drive. most of the time that formula means a hefty price tag but i got lucky and found a good one for a good price.