Haku

Book quiz time!

Fun quiz time!

Name a book or two which;

1. Scared you

2. Disturbed you

3. Enlightened you

4. Changed you paradigm

5. Aroused you (shaver is prohibited to answer this question)

6. Angered you

7. Made you feel contempt/disgust

8. Amazed you

Fun quiz time!

Name a book or two which;

1. Scared you

2. Disturbed you

3. Enlightened you

4. Changed you paradigm

5. Aroused you (shaver is prohibited to answer this question)

6. Angered you

7. Made you feel contempt/disgust

8. Amazed you

1. Dracula and HP&theChamberofSecretzz

2. Like, in a weird way? Okay well I read Lolita in Grade 5 and I didn't understand it, but going back and reading the synopsis, it was disturbing. Edit: OH and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

3. Islam Between East and West

4. The First and Last Freedom. didn't change it per se, and I'm still reading it, but elaborated on the thoughts I'd been having for like the past year and a half

5. Ew none

6. The Kite Runner & The Catcher in the Rye.

7. The Kite Runner

8. The Kite Runner @ its popularity. :vomit: But srsly, ummmm War and Peace cuz it was/is unexpectedly good (still reading it). So was Heart of Darkness.

If there was a category for "book which made me roll my eyes the most", it'd go to The Book Thief and The Kite Runner. BLEH.

Your turn Haku!!

Why do you hate The Kite Runner so much?

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG WHY DO I HATE THE KITE RUNNER?!?

I JOINED GOODREADS JUST TO RANT ABOUT THAT BOOK AND GIVE IT 1 STAR

OKAY HERE IS WHY

1. ♥♥♥♥ty book (and I don't curse very often)

2. Khaled Hossein(i?) is a manipulative idiot I hate him

3. I hate that book

okay sorry those aren't reasons

here.

1. Emotionally manipulative

2. Obvious and stupid foreshadowing

3. Added nothing to my knowledge of the world, in fact detracted from my knowledge and replaced it with ♥♥♥♥ty writing and emotional ♥♥♥♥tiness (sorry mods)

4. FREAKING ANTAGONIST WAS FREAKING HALF GERMAN *AND* LIKED ADOLF HITLER *AND* RAPED A KID *AND* ENDED BEING A TALIBAN MEMBER *AND* ENDED UP ASSAULTING THE KID OF THE DUDE HE RAPED LIKE HALF A CENTURY AGO

5. Freaking Amir was a freaking idiot and all the characters sucked, although looking back he wasn't THAT bad

6. Freaking Hassan was such a freaking angel

7. Freaking Baba was supposed to be so freaking brave and ended up fleeing cuz he was such a loser (nothing wrong with refugees, but Baba was a loser)

8. In fact the only non irritating character was his wife (whatever her name was, with her curved nose. freaking amir was so stupidly sentimental)

9. Freaking Amir goes to Afghanistan for redemption and in the course of like 48 hours encounters the following: (1) A woman being stoned for adultery (oh and burqa clad OF COURSE, let's contrast that to perfect Amir's perfect life before evil Taliban took over and started raping kids) (2) The now-beggar prof of his mother from a now-closed university (duh because Taliban hates education and freedom and sunshine) (3) Finds the Taliban stronghold (4) Within it is the HITLER-LOVING-RAPIST FROM HIS CHILDHOOD (what the actual heck?) (5) AND THE KID OF HIS OLD SERVANT WTH (6) AND THIS KID SOMEHOW MANAGES TO KEEP A SLINGSHOT ON HIS PERSON WHAT THE HECK THE TALIBAN CAN'T EVEN FIND THE SLINGSHOT ON THE BODY OF THE KID THEY ARE ASSAULTING I MEAN WHAT?????

10. I had to read this piece of ♥♥♥♥ for English class, I mean what the actual heck are we trying to dumb down public school kids? is this some sort of conspiracy or something??? like what the actual ♥♥♥♥ how can this pass as literature

11. And stupid quotes like "The husband tries to silence the song in his wife" or some other such stupidity. dumb stupid ♥♥♥♥ty writing that people only liked because it stroked their egos as American heroes saving poor Hassans from evil half-German-Taliban-rapists.

Sorry. Okay. Done. That book was a sickening piece of ♥♥♥♥. Ugh. I'm sorry. Mods can delete this reply.

(and um all of those hearts are the S-word. Not the F-word. If anyone thinks that.)

Oh and if I didn't mention, it added NOTHING to my knowledge of Afghanistan, it was a poor guise for foreign literature, and it was overall just very ♥♥♥♥ty and anything resembling good writing/plot/character/history in that book can be found in a far better and refined and you know, non-♥♥♥♥ way elsewhere.

I hated it less until I realised that this ♥♥♥♥ was actually considered good literature and I was actually having to read rubbish like this in English class and Khaled whatshisface was writing more books and people enjoyed them probably cuz they require like 0 intellectual effort and his writing style is so crap.

OH AND THE FREAKING DARI WHAT THE ♥♥♥♥ WAS WITH THE DARI WHY THE FRICK DID THE EDITOR NOT TELL KHALED DUMBHEAD TO TAKE OUT THE FREAKING DARI

OH YEAH BECAUSE AMERICAN READERS LOVE THAT SORT OF ♥♥♥♥

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG WHY DO I HATE THE KITE RUNNER?!?

I JOINED GOODREADS JUST TO RANT ABOUT THAT BOOK AND GIVE IT 1 STAR

OKAY HERE IS WHY

1. ♥♥♥♥ty book (and I don't curse very often)

2. Khaled Hossein(i?) is a manipulative idiot I hate him

3. I hate that book

okay sorry those aren't reasons

here.

1. Emotionally manipulative

2. Obvious and stupid foreshadowing

3. Added nothing to my knowledge of the world, in fact detracted from my knowledge and replaced it with ♥♥♥♥ty writing and emotional ♥♥♥♥tiness (sorry mods)

4. FREAKING ANTAGONIST WAS FREAKING HALF GERMAN *AND* LIKED ADOLF HITLER *AND* RAPED A KID *AND* ENDED BEING A TALIBAN MEMBER *AND* ENDED UP ASSAULTING THE KID OF THE DUDE HE RAPED LIKE HALF A CENTURY AGO

5. Freaking Amir was a freaking idiot and all the characters sucked, although looking back he wasn't THAT bad

6. Freaking Hassan was such a freaking angel

7. Freaking Baba was supposed to be so freaking brave and ended up fleeing cuz he was such a loser (nothing wrong with refugees, but Baba was a loser)

8. In fact the only non irritating character was his wife (whatever her name was, with her curved nose. freaking amir was so stupidly sentimental)

9. Freaking Amir goes to Afghanistan for redemption and in the course of like 48 hours encounters the following: (1) A woman being stoned for adultery (oh and burqa clad OF COURSE, let's contrast that to perfect Amir's perfect life before evil Taliban took over and started raping kids) (2) The now-beggar prof of his mother from a now-closed university (duh because Taliban hates education and freedom and sunshine) (3) Finds the Taliban stronghold (4) Within it is the HITLER-LOVING-RAPIST FROM HIS CHILDHOOD (what the actual heck?) (5) AND THE KID OF HIS OLD SERVANT WTH (6) AND THIS KID SOMEHOW MANAGES TO KEEP A SLINGSHOT ON HIS PERSON WHAT THE HECK THE TALIBAN CAN'T EVEN FIND THE SLINGSHOT ON THE BODY OF THE KID THEY ARE ASSAULTING I MEAN WHAT?????

10. I had to read this piece of ♥♥♥♥ for English class, I mean what the actual heck are we trying to dumb down public school kids? is this some sort of conspiracy or something??? like what the actual ♥♥♥♥ how can this pass as literature

11. And stupid quotes like "The husband tries to silence the song in his wife" or some other such stupidity. dumb stupid ♥♥♥♥ty writing that people only liked because it stroked their egos as American heroes saving poor Hassans from evil half-German-Taliban-rapists.

Sorry. Okay. Done. That book was a sickening piece of ♥♥♥♥. Ugh. I'm sorry. Mods can delete this reply.

(and um all of those hearts are the S-word. Not the F-word. If anyone thinks that.)

Oh and if I didn't mention, it added NOTHING to my knowledge of Afghanistan, it was a poor guise for foreign literature, and it was overall just very ♥♥♥♥ty and anything resembling good writing/plot/character/history in that book can be found in a far better and refined and you know, non-♥♥♥♥ way elsewhere.

I hated it less until I realised that this ♥♥♥♥ was actually considered good literature and I was actually having to read rubbish like this in English class and Khaled whatshisface was writing more books and people enjoyed them probably cuz they require like 0 intellectual effort and his writing style is so crap.

This post is awesome.

My apologies if I offend anyone with my way of expressing my hatred.

I will not apologise for hating that book. In my view, any decent normal human being should want to burn that book and replace it with, heck, Pollyfreakinganna. Anything but that piece of crap. I don't understand why people I would have otherwise respected enjoyed that book.

also lol.

i didn't realize a book could cause such rage.

Yeah… sorry…

btw hassan was his brother not just his servant.

Oh ya. Emotional manipulation. It's like Khaled Hosseini read an article on "Wrenching Heart Strings" by a dude with a fake PhD from the College of ♥♥♥♥ty Writing and decided to vomit out everything he learned into his novel. LAME LAME LAME.

Anddddd I'm really done now.

1. James patterson, Cradle to the grave, never liked the idea of being able to see a 1000 eyes staring back at you :fear:

2. Bloody chambers [forgot author] (had to study this for english >.<, ) Boy did my view of fairytales change then! :|

8. Battle Royale, it amazed me how you can kill anyone and anyone just to survive, the human creature is rather amazing :hmm:

i can't think of any for the other ones, but when i do i'll add some more. :D

1. Scared you - Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

2. Disturbed you - New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

3. Enlightened you - Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

4. Changed you paradigm - Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

5. Aroused you - Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

6. Angered you - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

7. Made you feel contempt/disgust- Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

8. Amazed you - Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James