Maniac Muslim Forums
Yaya

You Dont Like a post based on Who Wrote it

^uhh don't get what you're going for there. Are you trying to make my post clearer, because if so, that's not what I meant. I don't really dislike anyone on here.

^uhh don't get what you're going for there. Are you trying to make my post clearer, because if so, that's not what I meant. I don't really dislike anyone on here.

Things have changed since I last posted here. I dislike Thorn and all posts made by him.

What I think of the poster doesn't affect my likeness for the post. Also, a lot of times if I like a post, it's not necessarily because I agree with what's written. I may disagree with a post's content but still 'like' it because it's a valid argument, impressive, or states things in a way I might never have seen before. But it still doesn't mean I 'agree' with it; I may come up with a stronger point or still have faith in what I personally believe or what another person says. In an argument, I may even like posts of both parties because each may be making some valid points, though I may not be completely agreeing with either.

Judge the post by the post and not who wrote. Sometimes I do get surprised when I read a post and then see the poster and I'm like wow, they're capable of that??? who knew!

Judge the post by the post and not who wrote. Sometimes I do get surprised when I read a post and then see the poster and I'm like wow, they're capable of that??? who knew!

yeah, Yaya rises above himself once in a while. But still too rare.

But how can you hate a post just because you dislike the person? What if the were speaking the truth say and you thought 'yeah I agree actually'..?

*they

You could say it's similar logic when someone who's been nasty to you tells a joke, and even if it's amusing, it doesn't have much of an effect on you than it might otherwise. Although you acknowledge the success of it, you just don't feel that you can invest yourself in it emotionally because the teller has been an ass to you/their personality sucks.
It doesn't mean you disagree with the person's notion or hate them. I call it a "vibes thing". When you get bad vibes about someone, your subconscious is telling you not to associate, which in turn means to not give them your attention-
"You're over-analysing. Slow down."
Ah, eh, what I'm trying to say is, maybe this is the kind of thing that goes on around here? Since it happens IRL.
That said, personally, I hardly even use the "like" feature, but it's usually my way of saying, "hey I read what you said" and/or "it had some kind of effect on my thought-process".
Sometimes it's just a "hello". -shrug-

my thoughts when I see something nice from a person I hate

ughhh, look at that hypocrite :mad: