Maniac Muslim Forums
Yaya

You Dont Like a post based on Who Wrote it

Sometimes I've seen a post and thought someone I don't like posted it. So then I kind of dislike the post. But when I see who really posted it and I see the avatar, I think the post is okay.

I wonder if this is common on MM.

I can only speak for myself and my answer is no. Me liking/disliking a post has no affect on the person who made the post, if their argument is sound than you can continue a discussion even if you disagree with it.

Plus, in all honesty, there isn't anyone I 'dislike' on this forum. There are things that people say and do that I don't like but that doesn't mean that X's opinion topic Y will have an affect on how I speak to them in a different thread. Me liking/disliking has no affect on anyone if anything it just something that is inside my mind. Even when someone annoys me it's never been to an extent that I would carry it with me to the next thread. I got nothing to gain but I do lose something if I carry something against another individual in my heart.

You've been very honest and said it how it is for you but i'm not sure how many people will admit it even if they feel the same way as you. There have been times where people 'inadvertently' join these little groups where if X and Y have a disagreement, ABCGH and I will come out of nowhere to like the post even when it's better to stay out of what blatantly looks like a heated discussion. So it makes sense to say that this is something that happens on the forum.

Sometimes I've seen a post and thought someone I don't like posted it. So then I kind of dislike the post. But when I see who really posted it and I see the avatar, I think the post is okay.

I wonder if this is common on MM.

It's other way around for me. I have come to dislike you because of your posts.

It's other way around for me. I have come to dislike you because of your posts.

How else do you think I've come to dislike people on MM? Thier posts ofc.

you just described the cause of disliking someone. It's what you can do after that which is what I'm on about. You can view all someone's posts in a negative tone in the future because you came to dislike them originally.

I think I genuinely dislike the post, but sometimes there are people who I generally genuinely dislike their posts. And then there are several people who I like but dislike their posts... so that kind of throws a twist on the question!

But how can you hate a post just because you dislike the person? What if the were speaking the truth say and you thought 'yeah I agree actually'..?

*they

Do you think alot of people may do the same thing but don't think they do. It's one of those subtle things in the back of your mind that changes your perception. You just like to think these things don't affect your view, and it's not like you are doing it intentionally or anything.

I think I genuinely dislike the post, but sometimes there are people who I generally genuinely dislike their posts. And then there are several people who I like but dislike their posts... so that kind of throws a twist on the question!

I know which category I'm in!

"I wish I had written her post!" Musa sighed wistfully, staring at his screen, a single girlish tear rolling down his cheek

what?

I think I genuinely dislike the post. But sometimes there are people who I genuinely dislike because of their posts. And then there are several people who I like but I dislike their posts... so that kind of throws a twist on the question!