Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
-Astera-

Update :)

Astera, it's great to see you posting again. I am so happy you've dealt with all your issues so quickly. May Allah always make things easy for you :) Congratulations on the news of your little bundle of joy - whether it's a girl or a boy, I pray it's righteous, completely healthy and the coolness of your eyes :flower:

Alhamdulillaah. Congratulations!

Aameen to du'aas. May Allaah s.w

T always keep you and your family happy and healthy, aameen.

May you have a beautiful, healthy child :) I don't know about the trials and travails you have gone through, dear Astera, but I pray that you continue to heal and come out of them stronger than ever. :flower:

Whoa! Six children! Once you're too large for a van you become a clan (or a tribe, it's your call how you would prefer to be referred to)! Masha'Allah, congratulations. And don't forget to think of some boy names too, just in case. Otherwise, out of desperation, you might at the last minute have to decide on some generic boring name, which is what I think happened to my parents with me :(

Glad you're doing a lot better! Stick around though!

Whoa! Six children! Once you're too large for a van you become a clan (or a tribe, it's your call how you would prefer to be referred to)! Masha'Allah, congratulations. And don't forget to think of some boy names too, just in case. Otherwise, out of desperation, you might at the last minute have to decide on some generic boring name, which is what I think happened to my parents with me :(

I am actually glad our family never reached that point! Well in the UK, it would be too many people for a people carrier, you would have to buy a minibus or something! Crazy.

Mashallah though, don't think I could deal with six kids.

Congratulations on making it through your hard times. inshAllah they carry on.

And another congrats on the pregnancy! inshAllah you're blessed with a lovely baby girl; she'll have loads of big brothers to look after her B)

Thank you so much, Mufasa :). Haha, yeah, you're right, if I have any more kids, I'll have to get a mini van :D. We're not currently, officially, thinking of any names yet, we always do that when we know for certain what the sex of the baby is. But don't you worry, after having had so many boys, we have tons of list of boys' names that we like :D.

May I ask what your name is? I assume it isn't Mufasa :D.

Congratulations on making it through your hard times. inshAllah they carry on.

And another congrats on the pregnancy! inshAllah you're blessed with a lovely baby girl; she'll have loads of big brothers to look after her B)

Thank you so, so much for the beautiful du'a - so kind of you! :).

I am actually glad our family never reached that point! Well in the UK, it would be too many people for a people carrier, you would have to buy a minibus or something! Crazy.

Mashallah though, don't think I could deal with six kids.

Having many kids is DEFINITELY not for everyone, I would never recommend it per default to people :D. Not only is it really, really, REALLY hard on parents, but it's also not the best for kids to have parents who are not up for the task of taking properly care of so many kids. Most people are better off with just a couple of kids, if that :). I'd say 1 is enough for many :D.

It's funny, I used to never even want children - when I first got married, my husband and I almost got divorced, because we had differences of opinion on this matter. I don't know, of course anyone can wind up changing their mind about how many kids they want...but I'd say, no one should experiment with how many kids they can put in to this world until they get too tired. It's good to know your limits :). After this baby, I'm FOR SURE not having any more kids for like 4-5 years. I want my toddlers to grow up and become a bit more independant, then I could definitely consider having a couple more babies :).

this is a serious question.

do you remember all your kids' names?

My mum's got 5 kids and she calls us by the wrong name mostly, sometimes she calls my brother by her uncles' (her brothers) names.

that's just an age thing i think. we end up mixing up everyone's names, not just our kids.