Maniac Muslim Forums
-Astera-

What characterizes your city?

I thought it'd be nice to see what characterizes your cities...so feel free to post some pictures of things you think sums up your city - and write short descriptions to them, too, if you can :).

Haha...other than the rain, then :).

As for Copenhagen...

nyhavn-at-night_53150.jpg

^ Nyhavn (pronounced 'nühaun'). It's basically the area around the city canal. On each side of the canal you find boats, canal tour options, lots of restaurants, cafés and bars...in the summer, this place is packed. With musicians, tourists and natives who bring their own beer and food and sit right on the edge of the platform, overlooking the canal.

the beaches!!!

durban.jpg

spoiler] 3981185054_c7f4c169c0_b.jpg

This is our World Cup stadium (now a white elephant :ph34r: )

It doesn't look like much from the outside tbh. I hated it when I first saw pictures, looks like a basket lol, but when you go in its amazing. I'll have to see if I can find any of my own photos. From the inside it looks like the inside of a fish, whalebone its supposed to be. The impression of the ridges are like sails but when you view it from the top it looks like the jaws of a shark, which is quite fitting since our home team is the Sharks -_- It has to be the most creatively designed stadium in the country. The others just have splashes of colour, nothing going on like it is here.

3816496773_66dd4e620a_o.jpg

And in true African fashion, the internet is on the blinker ...

The first university in the country.

University_of_Otago__Clocktower.jpg

That looks like University of Toronto!

Oh and my city is characterized by lights. Lots and lots of lights. It looks beautiful especially if you're in an aeroplane and you're landing at night :wow:

And it has the world's tallest fountain ;)

Current city

Portland Headlight, Cape Elizabeth, ME

The picturesque lighthouse on the North Atlantic shore.

Portland_Head_Light.JPG

The harbor in Portland, ME.

Home to cruise lines, whale watching & nature tours, and countless fishing boats.

xZutmkR.jpg

Maine rock lobster

'Nuff said.

GjZvb49.jpg

Original city

Crime

ENLARGE_0110479743_WEB_BF_Pansy_St.jpg

Buffalo wings

anchor_bar_a_safe_and_famous_b_p1.jpg

And I can't think of a picture that would do it justice but Buffalo also has great festivals. The gay pride festival, Italian festival, "Taste of Buffalo", etc.

It's also a really neighborly city.

Birth town: new York. I think everyone knows about new York City so let's not into that.

Home: Brampton. Characterized by: Punjabis and kids who think they're ghetto even though they're all rich. Bramalea City Centre and Gage Park are our only attractions.

School/work/friends/life: Toronto. Umm.. Real pretty in summer, depressing in winter. Lots of shawarma and sushi places. The harbour/waterfront is really nice. Ridiculous rent.

Birth town: new York. I think everyone knows about new York City so let's. OK go into that.

Home: Brampton. Characterized by: Punjabis and kids who think they're ghetto even though they're all rich. Bramalea City Centre and Gage Park are our only attractions.

School/work/friends/life: Toronto. Umm.. Real pretty in summer, depressing in winter. Lots of shawarma and sushi places. The harbour/waterfront is really nice. Ridiculous rent.

You live in the same place as Superwoman :o