Maniac Muslim Forums
Mufasa

Job interviews

But its part time and doesn't pay so well so I'm hoping for one more part time to do at the same time. Or a full-time / better paid internship but this one was actually a high priority one.

So this internship I applied to keeps giving me more work to do as a 'test'. I'm going to be so mad if they reject me in the end.

But I am feeling good about this one, even though this kind of annoys me. The people weren't really that friendly, either. But I don't think they're just using me. I think there was some disorganization/miscommunication and now the lady who is giving me the work thinks I'm working there, and doesn't yet realize she's just supposed to give me a little bit of work so they can see what I've got. I'm afraid if I tell her I'd sound rude, so I assume maybe this will exceed their expectations? But it is a little bit annoying.

Tips from those who've been there and done that?

My friend has been preparing like crazy and now it has me worried. I didn't apply to that many places and so I don't have that many shots.

So yup, just offer up some secrets to winning over the interviewer. Sure many of us can benefit from this since most of us are college-ish/just graduated, yup.

Some tips:

Be able to articulate your resume. most employers want to know who you are and why they should care about you. can you do the job that you're applying? do you know what job it is you are applying for? why are you better than any other college/grad school graduate? if i ask people that know you what would they say about you?

be confident in what you say even if you think it's wrong. confidence goes a long ways, at the end of the day most places want assertive and smart people representing their organization. of all things tho, dont come off as a dick and act like you know everything - the worst part of that deal is that once you spread the word that you're like that its hard to fix up that sort of representation.

google for common interview questions. Prepare for them properly. Some of those questions are pretty stupid, but they shouldn't stump you. e.g., "What excites you?"

google for questions asked in your field, by the company you are going to.

Being assertive and cocky lil so and so are two different things. Always be yourself at interviews, don't try to behave like someone you are not as they will see right through you.

I've never been asked "what excites you" in a job interview setting - what kind of job interviews have you taken part in?

google for common interview questions. Prepare for them properly. Some of those questions are pretty stupid, but they shouldn't stump you. e.g., "What excites you?"

google for questions asked in your field, by the company you are going to.

Once I was at an interview and it was going well until the manager called another candidate (the hijabi sitting next to me that I'd been chatting to for about 20 mins) and said 'why should I pick you and not her?'. I couldn't find a good answer to the question, and I certainly wasn't gonna get all Apprentice on her, so I failed.

Once I was at an interview and it was going well until the manager called another candidate (the hijabi sitting next to me that I'd been chatting to for about 20 mins) and said 'why should I pick you and not her?'. I couldn't find a good answer to the question, and I certainly wasn't gonna get all Apprentice on her, so I failed.

Lol, I would've totally thrown her under the bus, dog eat dog world

SHE TRIED TO SELL ME DRUGS