Maniac Muslim Forums
Mufasa

Job interviews

Once I was at an interview and it was going well until the manager called another candidate (the hijabi sitting next to me that I'd been chatting to for about 20 mins) and said 'why should I pick you and not her?'. I couldn't find a good answer to the question, and I certainly wasn't gonna get all Apprentice on her, so I failed.

"convince me why I should hire you over other applicants" ?

another stupid but common question.

"convince me why I should hire you over other applicants" ?

another stupid but common question.

I actually got asked that today in this mock job interview, I just BS'd about how I always put in 110% effort and how dedicated I am and gave some examples of how I always see things through even when I don't enjoy whatever it was I was doing

Being assertive and cocky lil so and so are two different things. Always be yourself at interviews, don't try to behave like someone you are not as they will see right through you.

I've never been asked "what excites you" in a job interview setting - what kind of job interviews have you taken part in?

That question is usually asked to see if you're genuine or if you're just full of sh*t and answering questions with canned responses that the interviewer(s) have already come across from you on an earlier question or from other applicants.