Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dee

Flu remedies

Ginger tea has been my best friend for the past three months :-) not flu but a very weakened immune system means I've been nothing but ill and exhausted since last year November.

Posts implying there are no remedies, and all you can do is rest, will be deleted.

So you don't want to hear the truth? Okay, then here is a remedie. Hold your nose and say "flu fly foo" 3 times. The flue will be over within 3 days. If not it will be over within 7 days.

Oil of oregano, black seed oil, honey, ginger, and lemon.

Plus a drop of mambo jambo would really boost the recovery speed!

Posts implying there are no remedies, and all you can do is rest, will be deleted.

Antibiotics. I can't believe I missed that and had to suffer in pain for daysss. <_<

Ginger, honey and lemon, like wth said.

I personally like to drink lots of orange juice whenever I get the flu and it helps me.

Ginger and honey tea is nice too. Or med-lemon lol

And rest. If I have a really bad flu, where I have raging fever and stuffed sinuses then I need to have at least one day where I am in bed all the time. But alhamdulillah, that hasn't happened that often!

Antibiotics. I can't believe I missed that and had to suffer in pain for daysss. <_<

You can't use antibiotics to fight the flu, the flu is caused by viruses not bacteria

I don't really know what to say Dee except to take it easy and drink plenty of fluids, you will get better in a few days :)

I've heard about the garlic thing too that cubster and wth! mentioned, not tried it myself but I've heard it works

Is it the flu or is it a cold?

Some people have a cold and say they have the flu when in fact it's just a common cold.

If it's a cold, keep hydrated, have some honey and lemon juice (on pancakes or sumink) and just wait it out.

If it's the actual flu, stay in bed, sweat out any fevers, keep hydrated and take ibuprofen or something similar for headaches. Flu takes longer to be fought off than a cold as well.

You can't use antibiotics to fight the flu, the flu is caused by viruses not bacteria

I don't really know what to say Dee except to take it easy and drink plenty of fluids, you will get better in a few days :)

I've heard about the garlic thing too that cubster and wth! mentioned, not tried it myself but I've heard it works

Ohhh, why am I being so misinformed?! That's what my coworker told me, about the antibiotics for the flu. Apparently she got a prescription filled out from her doctor for the flu. :huh:

Ohhh, why am I being so misinformed?! That's what my coworker told me, about the antibiotics for the flu. Apparently she got a prescription filled out from her doctor for the flu. :huh:

Really!?

That would never happen, either she's got some infection she doesn't want to talk about ( :P ) or her doctor is insane, everyone knows you have to be careful with prescribing antibiotics, using antibiotics willy nilly or not completing a course of prescribed antibiotics is directly linked to antibiotic resistance which is a major problem, you should only use them when you need them and if you're ever prescribed them, make sure you FINISH them even if you feel better, finish all of it

JazakAllah for the replies guys (except Haku).

I've been having these sweet things we have in the UK called Lockets which have honey, lemon, eucalyptus and menthol, dissolved in hot water and drinking it, and it's really helped my bunged up nose alhamdulillah!

Before you have anything in the morning, luke warm water and honey! Best remedy there is, recite surah fatiha 7 times with yaqeen, surely it is a shifa for you! Boost your immune system! Always helps to be positive and optimistic too :) !

Before you have anything in the morning, luke warm water and honey! Best remedy there is, recite surah fatiha 7 times with yaqeen, surely it is a shifa for you! Boost your immune system! Always helps to be positive and optimistic too :) !

Second this. Warm water and honey in the mornings.