Maniac Muslim Forums
stillcantthinkofaname

How to write for dummies. Halp.

I'm studying Psychology and we have countless essays/lab reports to write up/ exams are essay based too, so I should have improved by now but I started almost all of them last minute so they were pretty rubbish tbh.

yh well no wonder u cant write

and pick up a decent psychology book, i found after reading text books on physics, i began to emulate that style without really realising

Question : How does critical psychology’s approach to ethics differ from mainstream psychology’s approach?

Basic essay structure :

Define Critical approach

Define mainstream psychology approach.

Briefly mention essay plan and the points I want to make later.

Elaborate on point #1 / research to back it up

Elaborate on point #2 /research to back it up

Elaborate on point #3 /research to back it up

Conclusion

^ Is that ok?

yh well no wonder u cant write

Lol, yup.

and pick up a decent psychology book, i found after reading text books on physics, i began to emulate that style without really realising

Thanks Aloo.

making it interesting isnt about remembering facts. its how you structure your essay.

if you can get into a comfortable flow, your essay will read better and you might get more marks. if you do something rigid mans gna get bored

u can make it more interesting by reading a book about it lol

wens ur exam anyway

Finished my essay. As I was reading it I realized I misread the question. Lols. I wrote about the critical/mainstream approach to psychology, not ethics. There are two paragraphs about ethics but it's probably not enough. Doesn't sound too good tbh, but it's too late now. I feel so dumb right now, it's almost funny.

On a more positive note- this is the neatest essay I've ever written I think and my handwriting stayed legible throughout which is very rare for me cos it usually ends up looking like a 3 year olds scribbles by the end aaand my hands didnt hurt either despite writing it all out twice. Alhamdulilah. I think its cos I used the matador pens I stole from my Ma - best pens ever!

10169168_494518623983445_314191233659619

Anyway, please make dua I don't flop this exam. Thank yees :flower:

making it interesting isnt about remembering facts. its how you structure your essay.

if you can get into a comfortable flow, your essay will read better and you might get more marks. if you do something rigid mans gna get bored

lol if its exam essays the marker is guaranteed to get bored. The questions are designed for that. This kind of advice works better for submission essays.

Gambon, do you think that teaching all them little kids has impacted on your writing skills? I feel like my writing skills have gone down a notch because of all the terrible essays that I have to read all the time. I tried to type an email once and thank goodness I proof read it because it made no sense whatsoever. Had I sent it the uni would have probably investigated my dissertation to see whether I wrote it or not, thats how bad my writing became.

But anyways, there are different styles of writing for formats. You would write an essay differently to a report for example.