Maniac Muslim Forums
Venomystic

MacBook/iPad/tablet?

So my laptop that I bought 9 years ago is definitely on it's death bed.

As much as I'd love to get a Macbook Air, I can't afford that ♥♥♥♥ right now.... what's the next best thing?

Help a sister out, MM!

Lenovo, Acer and Fujitsu all make excellent Ultrabooks (basically smaller laptops with high end specs), I advise them for anyone who is low on cash, needs something portable and requires Microsoft products to be run on their hardware.

I highly advise AGAINST getting Apple products or a tablet if you are looking for MS Office compatibility, as they can be frustrating to use when compared to a device such as an Ultrabook or a traditional laptop.

Lenovo, Acer and Fujitsu all make excellent Ultrabooks (basically smaller laptops with high end specs), I advise them for anyone who is low on cash, needs something portable and requires Microsoft products to be run on their hardware.

I highly advise AGAINST getting Apple products or a tablet if you are looking for MS Office compatibility, as they can be frustrating to use when compared to a device such as an Ultrabook or a traditional laptop.

A family friend recently got an Acer ultrabook and it's quite impressive. Not so easy to use though for me as I spend 90% of my time on Apple products. It's definitely on my shortlist (and as a bonus, it's very reasonably priced here!).

Guest ...

So my laptop that I bought 9 years ago is definitely on it's death bed.

As much as I'd love to get a Macbook Air, I can't afford that ♥♥♥♥ right now.... what's the next best thing?

Help a sister out, MM!

im selling my macbook for £300 condition isnt great but its a cheap price!

im selling my macbook for £300 condition isnt great but its a cheap price!

And you're in the UK. I'm all the way in Aus, so with shipping costs, it would be the same as buying a new/ex-govt one here.

Thanks for the offer though.

Guest ...

And you're in the UK. I'm all the way in Aus, so with shipping costs, it would be the same as buying a new/ex-govt one here.

Thanks for the offer though.

Havent used it since i graduated lol

^ how old is it? Not that I need one

I would also recommend a macbook air/pro. You wont regret... Consider it as an investment. Also Pages and Numbers, both are better than MS office..

And if not, I think Toshibas are really good computers.

^ how old is it? Not that I need one

I would also recommend a macbook air/pro. You wont regret... Consider it as an investment. Also Pages and Numbers, both are better than MS office..

And if not, I think Toshibas are really good computers.

Ideally, I would buy a Macbook Air, but my current financial situation doesn't allow it. I have to save for a couple of overseas trips that would both need lots of $$.

kindle fire tablets

I've read up on them and if I am correct, you can't get google play and use non amazon products or something like, like epublisher won't work on it.

I've read up on them and if I am correct, you can't get google play and use non amazon products or something like, like epublisher won't work on it.

they cannot run apps which relies on google framework, which includes google play. there is no restriction on 3rd party apps.

You can buy any tablet for reading, but it wont be same as ebook.

I want it mainly for reading and from what I've found it seems like Kindle is the way to go if that is the main purpose. But it would be nice to have other features on it as well, so that I don't have to lug my laptop around with me all the time if I need to use it in class to google. There are some folks who say they have managed to download epub on to it which, for me, would be important because my online bookstore sells their ebooks in epub format and that is where I would buy most of my ebooks from (loyalty points and all that). I'm going to hold off on the tablet though. I need to get a new laptop because this one is burning up my leg and lagging really badly lolol