Maniac Muslim Forums
Venomystic

MacBook/iPad/tablet?

Three options that I have. The Acer is the most expensive and the Lenovo I would have to wait until November for stock.

Also, is it a good idea to get W7 or just accept 8.1? I don't want 10 because apparently there is no way to stop the updates and I can't be using my own data for that.

Dell Inspiron 3543 i3-5005U

• 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-5005U Processor (3M Cache, 2.00 GHz)
  • 4GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx1) Memory
  • 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
  • Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
  • 15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
  • Intel® HD Graphics 5500
  • Dell Wireless-1704 Driver for South Africa
  • Dell Wireless-N 170x + Bluetooth 4.0
  • 40 WHr, 4-Cell Battery (removable)
  • Standard Keyboard, US/Int
  • Windows 8.1 Professional
  • Microsoft Office Professional Plus

Acer

• EX2510-3076
  • Intel® Core™ i3-4003U
  • 15.6" WXGA Acer Cinecrystal™ LED LCD
  • UMA
  • 4 GB DDR3 Low Voltage Memory
  • 500GB HDD
  • DVD-Super Multi DL drive
  • SD card reader
  • 802.11b/g/n + BT
  • Acer Crystal Eye HD webcam
  • 6-cell Li-ion battery
  • 3-pin 40W AC adapter
  • Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit

Lenovo

Audio Dolby® Advanced Audio™ v2 Battery Up to 4 hours Display Up to 15.6" HD (1366 x 768) display Graphics Adaptor Integrated Memory 4GB DDR3L Ports & Slots 1 x USB3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, HDMI-out, 2-in-1 card reader (SD/MMC), headphone/mic combo, VGA Processor Intel i3 4030U processor Storage 500GB 5400rpm hard drive Webcam 720p or 0.3M Weight 15.6" : 2.5 kg (5.51 lbs)

Three options that I have. The Acer is the most expensive and the Lenovo I would have to wait until November for stock.

Also, is it a good idea to get W7 or just accept 8.1? I don't want 10 because apparently there is no way to stop the updates and I can't be using my own data for that.

all 3 looks good. at this point you must have done all the research, so any one of these should be good.

get which ever OS version is cheaper, and update to win10, you can stop updates same as in win7.

all 3 looks good. at this point you must have done all the research, so any one of these should be good.

get which ever OS version is cheaper, and update to win10, you can stop updates same as in win7.

OS is inclusive so it doesn't really matter, the only difference is that W7 comes with MS2010 and W8/8.1 comes with MS2013.

So W10 updates can be stopped? I googled and so many sites state that it doesn't have the turn of updates thing that normally exists. I'll check up again on that. Thanks.

No price difference. But W7 only has extended support. Then again I survived with Vista for this long. And I don't like the fact that its quite difficult to stop the updates on W10. And then the fact that W10 will probably still have bugs and what not. But at the same time, I can do updates on campus and use the data here for that hahaha