Maniac Muslim Forums

Here's the next set. c:

5. HITO (hee-toh) = PERSON / PEOPLE ~~ 2 Strokes

HITO.jpg

HITOorder11c7ad.png

Example:

優しい です

Kare wa yasashī hito desu. = He is a kind person.

Note: On it's own, this kanji is read as 'hito'. But when it's a compound (used with another kanji)

it can be read as "Nin" i.e. = Ningen = Human being, as well as "Jin", i.e. 日本 = Nihonjin = Japanese person.

6. HIKARI (hee-kah-ree) = LIGHT / RAY / BEAM ~~ 6 Strokes

HIKARI.jpg

HIKARIorder15ab65.png

Example:

太陽

Taiyō no hikari. = Sun ray(s).

Note: Pronounced as "no" in Japanese, this hiragana character () is a possessive particle, and is also the equivalent to 's (apostrophe 's') in English.

i.e. Watashi no inu = My dog. John no kamera = John's camera. In the example, 'no' is used because the rays belong to the sun.

----

7. MORI (moh-ree) = FOREST ~~ 12 Strokes

MORI.jpg

A gif for the stroke order instead for less confusion;

68ee.gif?w=610

Example:

行きました

Watashi wa mori ni ikimashi.ta. = I went to a forest.

Note: One of these means tree, pronounced 'ki'. A lot of kanji are pictures of what they represent.

8. HANE (ha-neh) = FEATHER ~~ 6 Strokes

HA.jpg

7fbd.gif?w=150&h=112

Example:

Tori no hane. = (A) bird's feathers.

Note: This kanji can also mean wings.

--

I'd say it's decent for words here and there, but I realised that it's pretty problematic trying to learn from anime. The first thing is, grammar is often compromised in anime scripts. There's also a great lack of etiquette in animespeak that isn't appropriate when interacting with Japanese people, and oftentimes you'll absorb things that aren't actually heard outside of anime. In Japanese, there is a serious emphasis on tone, with multitudes of different words that attach to sentences and define a certain level of politeness and respect. Watching anime is good for developing your ear for the language and for vocabulary, but I wouldn't trust it as an accurate display of the language as a whole. Just a thought.

Also, it would be nice to hear some of your thoughts about anime stuff you're watching/have seen. There's an anime thread in the Entertainment section. Do post in there sometime. New animeheads are always welcome. c:

Yeah i know it is different coz i've watched some Japanese dramas, also mostly watch Korean dramas

Enigmaaa, I am missing the Kanjis. They on ramadhan break? :)

I check this thread daily :blush: