Maniac Muslim Forums
Hazera

Ramadhan Reflection and Dua's XD

Assalamuilikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakathu

TAKE 2!

salah-itikaf-e1344138923110.jpg

*second attempt at making this thread since the first one took too long and logged me out! OH THE PRESSURE! :no:

i'll reflect all those things again later inshaAllah, but to start off with a dua which crossed my mind on DAY 5 of fasting!

Hazrath Adam (as) dua; too it's nearest translation:

"O Allah, you know my secret condition and my open condition and you know my needs, so please give my needs. O Allah, i ask you such imaan that gets into my heart and i want that true yaqeen so that i know nothing will afflict me except what you have destined for me and i want you to give me happiness in the rizq that you have distributed for me..."

So inshaAllah, post your thoughts and dua's as you increase in imaan in this virtuous month. Ameen

*note: if there is a similar thread please feel free to merge in one.

Wa AlaykumuSalaam,

Trying to be in a constant state of Adhkaar, Dua and Salawaat in each and every second of the day.

JazakAllahul khair for this thread!

For me I had a bit of a hectic weird couple of weeks before Ramadan, which left things unresolved and not that great, and although I really really didn't want it to overlap into this month and distract me, it kinda has. But now I see that if I can grasp sabr and tawakkul during Ramadan, and just learn to leave it to Allah, it'd be an awesome thing so that's what I'm holding on to. The best Ramadans are definitely the ones that make you change your whole perspective on life.

May Allah reward you for putting up all attempts in creating this thread and putting up us all here to do Duas :)

Since this is my first post in this thread, i would like to mention an android app which is regarding Ramadan Duas :) You can have it installed in your smartphone and recite these Duas at the specific time :)

Here is the Developers official post on it including links to download:

http://www.quranreading.com/blog/ramadan-duas-app-supplications-for-the-month-of-ramadan/

10514640_10152661249480769_7849745863753

BarakaAllah feekum @ Dee and Momena

In the name of Allah most merciful.

Day 3:

Mothers!

It's not exactly been a great start to my ramadhan. I think in general this year has been a tough year for me, each in it's own way. I wanted this ramadhan to be different from last year because i had felt nothing but fatigue last year. Mom, Mommy, Mum, mother, ammi, amma, ammu, MOTHERS. My test this year is patience with my mother and maybe breaking a weakness within myself. Only Allah knows. She has been pushing to the point we've had countless verbal arguments and we've both said some pretty mean things to each other. Day 3 of ramadhan after i prepped for iftari, i sat on the sofa and cried, because i couldn't understand why my relationship with my mother is like this. We've had a great relationship in the past but these past two years it's just been going down hill. I don't know if she thinks i'm incapable or something, because her constant pecking is that i'm useless and if i don't know how to cook properly, she'll have several calls from the in-laws complaining about how useless i am. I'm sure my mother in law won't KILL ME if i forgot to put coriander in a curry after it's finished? i don't know.

I can't turn from left to right, without a jibe at me and it's just breaking me. I can't even get her to understand my point of view, she just doesn't want to listen. That day i stood for 4 hours straight in the kitchen prepping for iftari and suhoor because dad HAS to have his rice and curry at suhoor. After i layed the dastarkhan and placed the food, I did come to realize, after aching feets, that maybe my mother is pushing me this hard because she's been there and she's had to deal with it all.

It also dawned on me that my mother has to do this day in day out, and all those years she's fed 7 mouths without complaining. So maybe there is something i'm not understanding, hence this clash. I'm still trying and still learning and in some ways, i think i am going to be grateful to my mother in years to come.

So that day, i appreciated this dua: Rabbir ham humma kama Rabba yani Saghira.

After a certain age you will hopefully be able to tune out the complaints. Do how much you can without over exerting yourself. 4 hours for iftar is way too much.

Bismillah

Day 5:

Acceptance!

"Rabbana Thaqabal minni..." hmmm, i ponder, i wonder and the dying flame that is flickering away tirelessly suddenly is ablaze in ramadhan. I race to do as much ebadah as i can. Dhikr, salaah, Qur'an Tilwaat, charity... because my head is filled with the great rewards this month holds, i know my good deeds will be tripled. BUT woah missy, wait, wait, wait! Are your deeds being accepted? That is what i am reminded of that day.

In a short reminder by Muhammad Al shareef in regards to acceptance, this thought was reiterated. Yes! we may complete the good deeds but are those ebadah of ours accepted in the sight of Allah? When i stand infront of Allah the day all my deeds will be shown to me, will they amount to anything? I know i can't enter jannah with my deeds alone but if my deeds have no ikhlaas in them are they even worthy presenting to Allah (swt)? The shaykh gave the example of Habil and Qabil and how only one of their sacrifice was accepted.

Even when Ibrahim (as) and his son Ismael (as) completed building the kaba, they made dua that Allah accepted there doing, EVEN though that was something that Allah had ordained for them to do. So in my heart, am i thinking twice. what intention am i doing my actions upon and whether there is sincerity in them? SubhanAllah, you know even that day as my mother and brothers and myself sat around our iftar meal making dua before the Adhan, my mother mentioned, "Don't forget to make dua that Allah accepts your fast today and the 3mal you did...".

I recall something my usthadha said a few ramadhans ago she said, "How do you know your actions have been accepted in the sight of Allah?" we all shook our heads not knowing the answer, "That Ebadah you did is now engraved in you and you are able to carry out those good deeds through out the year, until you greet ramadhan again."

So maybe this year is different, maybe i wont race through my ebadah...maybe i can continue to pray and hope Allah accepts my very little 3mal i try to do, inshaAllah.

Dua: "Rabbana Thaqabal minni inka anta' samuel alim" (don't know if i transliterated it right... someone correct me if im wrong lol >.<)

"Oh Allah accept our good deeds this ramadhan and grant us the tawfiq to carry the little we try to implement in our lives, and you are well aware of what is in our hearts," Ameen thumma Ameen.

Assalamuilikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakathu

TAKE 2!

salah-itikaf-e1344138923110.jpg

*second attempt at making this thread since the first one took too long and logged me out! OH THE PRESSURE! :no:

i'll reflect all those things again later inshaAllah, but to start off with a dua which crossed my mind on DAY 5 of fasting!

Hazrath Adam (as) dua; too it's nearest translation:

"O Allah, you know my secret condition and my open condition and you know my needs, so please give my needs. O Allah, i ask you such imaan that gets into my heart and i want that true yaqeen so that i know nothing will afflict me except what you have destined for me and i want you to give me happiness in the rizq that you have distributed for me..."

So inshaAllah, post your thoughts and dua's as you increase in imaan in this virtuous month. Ameen

*note: if there is a similar thread please feel free to merge in one.

Haz do you have the Arabic version of this dua?

Haz do you have the Arabic version of this dua?

yes i do, it's hand written though, i can try and send you a pic via pm if you would like inshaAllah :)

yes i do, it's hand written though, i can try and send you a pic via pm if you would like inshaAllah :)

Yes please!