Maniac Muslim Forums
Mufasa

Ready or not, here it comes...

This is still a problem. I'm no longer freelancing and am now working a job that doesn't really utilize my skills. There are a few jobs I'm thinking to apply to but it's all very intimidating. There's no confirmation I won't suck and get fired after week one!

If a position is "entry-level", would you assume there is some sort of training and/or extra tolerance for errors and questions?

One thing I have learnt is that you should just try your luck! I have passed up so many opportunities because I was too intimidated by the job and thought I didn't have the right skills for it only to find out that a lesser qualified person who didn't even have any experience got the job.

I'm also pretty sure that with labour laws you can't get fired after a week unless you are completely and utterly useless :P

Entry-level positions usually have some kind of training. In all jobs, unless it works differently in the States, there is a probation period where you learn the ropes and are given a bit of a break. This is usually 3 months and once the time period is up then you and your boss sit down and talk about the good the bad and the ugly and work forward from there.

Every time I read the title of this thread, I start singing The Fugees - Ready or nott heree I comee, you can't hideee

And I don't know the words so I make other words up and then fake version of the song to the tune of the real one stays stuck in my head all day.

THANKS A LOT.

Every time I read the title of this thread, I start singing The Fugees - Ready or nott heree I comee, you can't hideee

And I don't know the words so I make other words up and then fake version of the song to the tune of the real one stays stuck in my head all day.

THANKS A LOT.

Could be worse, could we be the we buy any car choon

yay cubster, you have international russian recognishun!

I am most humbled!

THANKS A LOT.

gonna fiiiind you and take it slowly

Thanks, now I have this song in my head too!