Maniac Muslim Forums
tiberius alexander

Strange connection between mecca and our galaxy

Okay, I don't think it is too far fetched to see a connection between fellow muslims circulating the Kaaba during Hajj and how the stars revolve around the center of our galaxy. Also, as the Kaaba is the focus point in Meeca, one would think that if we look at the galaxy then the galactic center would be a focus point as well.

Strange, yes. Do I know what it means, not a clue.

Oh, but wait, one more wrench to throw in.

It has been theorized that the center of the galaxy is a black hole, but their existence is now in doubt.

http://unc.edu/spotlight/rethinking-the-origins-of-the-universe/

Anyone got any thoughts on the symbolism inherent in circulating the Kaaba during Hajj?

lot of things orbit around respective centers of gravity. it's just not the stars around galaxy. moons around planets, planets around stars. also orbiting is not the only type of motion. in fact you'll find haphazard motion to be more present in nature. i personally find it distasteful when people try to drawing one parallels between some ritual (islamic or otherwise) and some thing out there.

i personally find it distasteful when people try to drawing one parallels between some ritual (islamic or otherwise) and some thing out there.

So would I be correct in thinking that you find metaphors/analogies distasteful?

^ Okay that's fair. But I don't think there is anything pseudo-science in the original post because tiberius alexander just pointed out a connection/similarity. He didn't make any scientific claims about it yet. So, exactly which part in the OP do you think is pseudo-science?

Also, remember when you started a topic that drew a parallel between Memes and Shaytan?

You saw a connection between memes and shaytaan.
Likewise, the original poster over here sees a connection between Mecca and our galaxy.
But neither of you made a scientific assertion about the connections, right?