Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
limitofx

How to teach and instill Islam and Deen into kids from young age?

Jazaki Allah khaiir for this thread

Haku...to be honest. ^ I am not even sure about that! But yeah I guess that is the only thing we can do/SHOULD do and hope for the best. But what can we do if things go wrong? Seriously aulaad is truely a test. :(

^ it's the company that matters a lot. at a very young age, child's company are the parents. The child will emulate what he sees. At an older age, child will have larger circle of company, including friends at school. At that point parents need to choose a good school or do home schooling or some thing to that effect. In an Islamic environment the child will pick up Islam. The only problem is there aren't that many Islamic or at least good environments. Even in madrasas, or Islamic schools people behave stupidly and badly.

true, but still most young ones attend nuseries and my god, you have no idea how rude they can be (or maybe you do). but yeah you are right.

It depends partly on the up bringing, and partly on the family environment. there are certain infantile impulses that needs to be suppressed at around age of 2. Anger is natural in babies, but when they start throwing tantrums at around age of 2, parents need to curb those impulses. Some children are selfish to a fault. Some lack empathy. When they show these behavior parents need to show them its wrong. But unfortunately many parents themselves haven't grown beyond age of 2 emotionally, possibly because of bad parenting on their parents part. That's why you see irrationally angry men and small minded women. If a child end up with such parents, too bad. A baby shouldn't be babied the same when they are 10 months old and 2 years old - excluding Mufasa, of course.

It depends partly on the up bringing, and partly on the family environment. there are certain infantile impulses that needs to be suppressed at around age of 2. Anger is natural in babies, but when they start throwing tantrums at around age of 2, parents need to curb those impulses. Some children are selfish to a fault. Some lack empathy. When they show these behavior parents need to show them its wrong. But unfortunately many parents themselves haven't grown beyond age of 2 emotionally, possibly because of bad parenting on their parents part. That's why you see irrationally angry men and small minded women. If a child end up with such parents, too bad. A baby shouldn't be babied the same when they are 10 months old and 2 years old - excluding Mufasa, of course.

I'll take every mention as a measure of how much people are thinkin bout and missing me.

at young age you be a good example to them, and they will emulate you.

Yes, I heard your, like, 2 week old is already praying!

Ping bring this back

Avoid violent cartoon/anime on tv.

There are good Islamic kids shows on yt.

^ it's the company that matters a lot. at a very young age, child's company are the parents. The child will emulate what he sees. At an older age, child will have larger circle of company, including friends at school. At that point parents need to choose a good school or do home schooling or some thing to that effect. In an Islamic environment the child will pick up Islam. The only problem is there aren't that many Islamic or at least good environments. Even in madrasas, or Islamic schools people behave stupidly and badly.

I was in Islamic School a few years ago and those girls wouldn't stop picking on me, ever. But it's also true that we adapt to everything we learn from a young age. If someone grows up in a Muslim community, they're most likely to be Muslim. We pick up everything as we go.

P.S. I go to another form of Islamic studies now :)

I was in Islamic School a few years ago and those girls wouldn't stop picking on me, ever. But it's also true that we adapt to everything we learn from a young age. If someone grows up in a Muslim community, they're most likely to be Muslim. We pick up everything as we go.

P.S. I go to another form of Islamic studies now :)

They're likely to be a "Muslim" in so far as having a religious affiliation and following various outer rules which are considered a group norm (so for fear of social rejection they will stay in the boundaries)- but having a deep-routed, inner and confident faith that stems from a knowledge-centred approach to Islam often has much less to do with growing up in a Muslim community. Unfortunately- and very sadly- a lot of Muslims pin the blame for them leaving the religion altogether on awful experiences with fellow Muslims which they can't then disassociate with the actual teachings of Islam.

So while it *may be* true that "we pick up everything as we go"- what we're picking up in the flawed, varied, often "group think bubble" of a Muslim community doesn't always translate back into having strong conviction in Islam. There also seems to be a tendency to be able to identify and even outwardly practice as a Muslim when everything is smooth sailing and it gives you a buzz and sense of community/purpose (who doesn't love that?)- but then can often fall apart when things like haram relationships, very hard trials and not knowing how to spot and stop the traps of shaytan taking over you kick in. I often think too much dependency on a Muslim community can sometimes stifle people's need to develop their faith and understand it deeply for themselves- sometimes creating a "fairweather" Muslim...

As for kids, after du'a- we can only try to do what we know best for them. Like most things, constant efforts at your own self improvement as a parent will only bear fruit for your children so that is one strong place to begin for a start..