Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hijab

Block ad and pop ups in safari?

plz help me out, any help is appreciated, my safari is loaded with all sort of crap, pop ups ads, it is so annoying and ive been trying for a few weeks and now i jus cant tolerate it!!! The ad blocker aint working either, ive removed all extensions also, anyone plz?? Jazak a llaah

Dang. You are right. But is there no way of cleaning up safari? I do prefer safari over chrome... but off course I'll change to chrome if there is no other way.

plz help me out, any help is appreciated, my safari is loaded with all sort of crap, pop ups ads, it is so annoying and ive been trying for a few weeks and now i jus cant tolerate it!!! The ad blocker aint working either, ive removed all extensions also, anyone plz?? Jazak a llaah

you've got some kind of virus, even if you use chrome, who knows if the pop ups wont just transfer to that browser

try and look at the name of any extentions you have installed (which you dont recognise), or look at the names of the pop up adds, and paste those names into google.

there should be a list of solutions that come up.

but bring up the task manager in the mean time and end any programmes with dodgy names. but be careful you dont delete system 32 and destroy your computer*

*jk

Sir, thank you for replying. VIRUS? Oh God NO!

Thing is I don't have any other extension except the ad blocker one. I have no idea what to do. How do I find the task manager, where is it located? Sorry am unable to think at the mo. So many weird pop ups show up, so I should google each of them to find a solution? :( That will take me years I think lol.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. To bring up the task manager press ctrl, alt, delete at the same time and try to 'kill' any tasks with unusual names.

For instance, you wouldn't expect something called freestuffpremium!!! to be running on your pc. However you won't find something that obvious, I am just trying to illustrate a point.

hope i helped

Sir, thank you for replying. VIRUS? Oh God NO!

Thing is I don't have any other extension except the ad blocker one. I have no idea what to do. How do I find the task manager, where is it located? Sorry am unable to think at the mo. So many weird pop ups show up, so I should google each of them to find a solution? :( That will take me years I think lol.

Don't google each of them, just the ones that commonly pop up.

All of these adware programmes seem to have the same solution for removing them.

Next time you install software be careful that you don't authorize the installation of additional software in the installer. What I mean is, don't mindlessly click next when installing programmes, they may ask your permission to install adware, so be careful that you don't give your consent.

Superman, thanx! You are great!!! Jazak Allaah khayr

It became so annoying, so I had to call apple support, and they told me to use this website called adwaremedic.com... And now the macbook feels much better!! So i just want to tell you (and the rest), that this link simply works (http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php)

For anyone who might experience the same.