Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lady_murasaki_sa

Harper Lee Writes Again

Yay! Now I just have to get around to reading To Kill a Mockingbird... In my defense we just never got around to it in English class. -_-

tsk tsk Summer :no: :no: :no:

I didn't even have it for a set book but I found my brother's copy and read it!

But...but...but...it wasn't hanging around anywhere at home either. I'll try and get it from the library.

Just the word "again"? That's a bit of an anticlimax.

Ugh you CLEARLY do not get the socio-politico subtext of the word. As much as I would expect from someone as unversed in the historical meta-narrative of global racial clausing as you.

What say you folk? It does sound a tad fishy.

http://jezebel.com/be-suspicious-of-the-new-harper-lee-novel-1683488258

"Sadly, this news is not without controversy or complications. Harper Lee's sister Alice Lee, who ferociously protected Harper Lee's estate (and person) from unwanted outside attention as a lawyer and advocate for decades, passed away late last year, leaving the intensely private author (who herself is reportedly in ill health) vulnerable to people who may not have her best interests at heart."

Ugh you CLEARLY do not get the socio-politico subtext of the word. As much as I would expect from someone as unversed in the historical meta-narrative of global racial clausing as you.

Lawlz, you pleb.

Moose - I did see that mentioned as well, and you're right it is a tad fishy. But who's to say her fiercely protective sister influenced her any less than the lawyer. On the other hand, she is a lawyer, so it's reasonable to be worried. There is something so bittersweet about there being just the one hugely influential book, and there's something to be said for leaving the legacy intact.

I also loved the Guardian's use of that random Cambridge academic who disses the book in a bid to drum up some controversy.

ZIMI NO U U GO JOIN HAKU IN PLEBCORNER AN PLAY NICE

The book being publicized now was known to exist prior to the writing of TKAMB, it's release is odd and I don't have high hopes for it though,

I agree.