Maniac Muslim Forums
Hala

Bilal movie

Isn't it wrong to depict prophets and holy personalities?

Bilal (RA) is not a Prophet.

Holy personality?

I've never heard of a prohibition on depicting Companions, Veno?

I am not sure myself, that's why I'm asking :) Want to know what the official position is. Although, it does seem a bit disrespectful to me. I think the general rule is that depictions of prophets are not allowed. So I'm deducing from that, that depictions of sahabah would also not be allowed? And the take on the whole pictures/photography being allowed thing is another issue.

i didnt know we had holy personalities, did you mean holier than thou personalities?

No, I mean people we respect and who are important to Islam. Like the Prophets, their wives and families and companions.

Adibisi is playing Bilal???

Yeaaah. I have no idea who this actor is, but what a cool name, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje. Such a strong name. I would like to be called Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje if I knew how to pronounce the name -_-

they should use japanese dubs, and sub in english.

Why in the world? To make it feel more authentic for your nerdy self? Imagine the prophet and his companions speaking Japanese. Bizarre :blink:

Why in the world? To make it feel more authentic for your nerdy self? Imagine the prophet and his companions speaking Japanese. Bizarre :blink:

English is not bizarre?