Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cappuccino

Muslim wedding info

Research for a project about weddings  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have a small beach wedding?

I am doing a project to offer a service to Muslims here (US and Canada) to offer them to pay to have their weddings in the Caribbean.

Now I know Muslims esp here seem to follow the same pattern, lavish, a long planning stage and huge with alot of people in attendance.

Would this sort of destination wedding service appeal to you, if it is affordable?

Do you have a small beach? Can we turn that into our MM Island instead?

And I don't think I would. It seems like a cool idea but I don't think I'd have my wedding in the Caribbean. Seems more of a honeymoon spot.

Seems like it would be hard to get everyone out to the Caribbean for a wedding, right? I'd have to agree with MC, seems hoenymoon-ish, unless your family is mostly already in the Carribean. But that's just me!

I am doing a project to offer a service to Muslims here (US and Canada) to offer them to pay to have their weddings in the Caribbean.

you are offering a service to which offers customers to pay you? What if they refuse this offer? Would you still hold their wedding in the Caribbean?

I doubt I will have a lavish wedding so not really. It sounds more like a vacation spot to me. Like that's someplace I'd love to go with MMers or something. Which reminds me, I need a once a year travel buddy.

In other news I'm looking forward to my wedding. :D lol

I don't mean to shoot your idea down, but it isn't feasible. The target market you're looking for in all likelihood does not exist. Unlike how many people that adhere to non-Muslim cultures families would be content with the bride and groom simply inviting parents, a couple of close friends and select relatives, Muslims tend to cater their weddings to the extended family and the wider community. That's my viewpoint from a business perspective.

Your idea may be more feasible in 10-20 years from now as a more Americanised culture develops amongst Muslims in the U.S./Canada with regards to wedding ceremonies.

Now I know Muslims esp here seem to follow the same pattern, lavish, a long planning stage and huge with alot of people in attendance.

Would this sort of destination wedding service appeal to you, if it is affordable?

Beach weddings is an awesome idea and one that I have coveted for a long time!

However, what Mo said stands to reason. With cultural backgrounds you've got to invite all and sundry and its simply not feasible to pay for so many people to come to your wedding in the Caribbean. Destination weddings are currently for the rich (or people willing to get into crazy debt) and usually involve small numbers of people.

It appeals to me, although I would prefer other beach destinations over the Caribbean but I am not most people.

You've got to sell the appeal of having a small and intimate wedding with people in order for this to take off.

That said though I don't understand the need for a 'Muslim wedding'. The nikkah doesn't take too long so why people make such a fuss and fancy about the whole thing I don't understand. Beach party would make more sense and thats probably what I would do. Have a massive beach party after the nikkah.

I agree with cub I like the sound of a small private wedding on tbe beach but not what a muslim family will like. There is a growing trend of muslims wanting to do the whole vows thing like a white wedding without family as they've already done the muslim wedding, it might work in that case. You can pitch it to rich saudis theyl love it

^ Saudis already have lavish weddings in their culture lol