Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sal_the_man

Buying one: car or motorcycle

good deal. just keep your head on straight (shouldn't be an issue here). marry a girl that's willing to work; don't buy into the "stay at home" argument - complete pitfall.

Keep it coming boy, we all got our notepads ready...

this thread is not complete until we hear what Zimbabwe have to say about buying a car/moto..

Awwwwwww! Ain't you just the cutest!

I was gifted a Seat Toledo today! No joke, it's mine! 2.4 litre engine. Is this good? The wheel bearings on my beat up Fiesta had come off and I didn't realise I had driven over 40 miles just dragging a wheel wondering what on earth that ghastly noise from underneath the car was!

I was gifted a Seat Toledo today! No joke, it's mine! 2.4 litre engine. Is this good? The wheel bearings on my beat up Fiesta had come off and I didn't realise I had driven over 40 miles just dragging a wheel wondering what on earth that ghastly noise from underneath the car was!

we knew you were one of those woman drivers, but we didn't know you were one of those woman drivers!

Yeah I am! And I'm not even embarrassed! When I arrived at my destination and told my gripping story to my sister- my brother in law said that's why it is important for wives to own the newer cars since they wouldn't even know what to do if the engine was on fire, but men would apparently pick up on every untoward clatter and clunk. Good way to get a new car haina!

we knew you were one of those woman drivers, but we didn't know you were one of those woman drivers!

LOL spoke on my behalf as well.

Yep I do 100 everyday and probably will keep doing that for the next 2 or 3 years. Still thinking about getting a motorcycle and borrowing the E320 instead.

I was just about to post "No one cares" before I saw this thread wasn't created by Shaver........but HOLY MOLY, you travel over 100 miles daily??

this isn't unusual I think. I worked a contract last year in San Rafael and lived in Modesto. That's a 200 mile a day commute, 5 x week. I say car. It's a year round goer.

my uncle was driving the team bus to Raleigh for state championships of a team he was coaching. He gets them settled into the motel and goes to the store to get the hydration stuff, taking the but. So he's driving back and he heard a constant grinding and noticed sparks flying from under the bus. He pulls over and calls his boss and said, ' you know that sound your car makes when you've run over a shopping cart? " as if anyone but him would know that sound, right? So triple A gets there with a mechanic at ten at night and look under the bus. My uncle hadn't bothered to look because he's not a mechanic, he said. Under meat was about six feet of chain link fence and an upright pole with fresh dirt on it. He had decided to go a short cut to the main road through the field next to the store. Unfortunately it included the back yard of some poor guys house.

Nah. He was coach of the year three times in Florida and five times in NC. He could see just fine. He drove like he lived though... like he stole it.

Those are some large accomplishments

Keep it coming boy, we all got our notepads ready...

Two incomes are better than one. Simple math.

Two incomes are better than one. Simple math.

hidden costs, opportunity costs ?

Rode my friend's NInja 250. It's perfect as I can lay on the throttle without being scared.

Sold on getting a motorcycle.

That's a fantastic starting bike! The 300 I had also came with abs which comes in handy too if you can spend a little extra.