Maniac Muslim Forums
kesaber

Refined sugar vs fruit sugar

Sugar cane is yum. As an Indian in South African you can't say you've never eaten a stick of cane. Its too bound up in Indian heritage here. When I was little we used to buy or get loads of sugar cane but I never knew anyone who ever consumed 10 feet in a day. As Haku said, 3 feet at the most, and that would be stretching it.

Oh and the reason I say its too bound up in Indian heritage here is because over a century ago Indians were brought over to work in the sugar cane fields and thats why it has meaning for Indian South Africans. That and it tastes good and is easily accessible, which is what Indians love.

I was trying to make them look good :P

indians take pride in not spending unnecessarily. and then go overboard and not spend on necessary things either. and they go way over board and spend on some thing stupid.

I just reread Cubsters description, made several times, of Indians being bound in the culture of raw sugar cane footage. Sooooooooooo many layers there. Bound up culturally, bound up socially, bound up economically, bound up lovingly, bound up intestine ly. It's a very binding plant.

I am happy i found this post. never knew something as boring as sugarcane can lead to Indians being cheap.

Evidently, being cheap is an Indian thing. That's how the country was colonized, BTW. The British held a BOGO sale at one end of the sub continent and when everybody showed up they snuck around back and changed the locks on the doors. The Indians are so busy haggling they didn't even notice for like, seventy years