Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sal_the_man

SCCA AutoX 04/26/15

Nicely done on the third run. I bet that under steee felt a bit scary! Good recovery.

Nicely done on the third run. I bet that under steee felt a bit scary! Good recovery.

Thanks. Yeah those tires are poop and lose grip easily. The understeer was annoying but the oversteer was fun.

Think I really want a W210 E55 AMG now. They are reasonably priced under $10K and very fast. It's a great exception to having a manual transmission car:

the-most-fun-inline-13-photo-523037-s-or

Yea those are fast and fun. Why merc? Any thoughts of a used M3?

M3 is too common. Having an AMG has some exclusivity to it. I liked your C63 a lot.

I'm fond of the W210 design and the hand built V8 is bulletproof. The AMG is a great exception for having an automatic transmission car.

Not looking to be the fastest in a corner or straight line. Just looking for a different experience - powerful and fun!

AMG is definitely a good choice. On my c63 I noticed that the oil temps would rise whenever I was driving it hard and using the paddle shifter. You got an AMG you're looking to buy right now?

have anyone driven honda civic, or nissan sentra. why is it less fun?

No less fun if you have the skill to drive them to the limit.

Took the Benz out for a spin. Maybe I'll do a write up.

Completely stock 2001 E320.

Forgot to tape one of my runs. Mind the language

Haha! That looked like so much fun! One day I'm going to ride around like that, minus the cones!

AMG is definitely a good choice. On my c63 I noticed that the oil temps would rise whenever I was driving it hard and using the paddle shifter. You got an AMG you're looking to buy right now?

Ha I noticed the same with the coolant temperature rising. I found it funny, poor Mercedes!

No particular car I am looking to buy right now. Still need to secure/confirm a job for the summer but am calculating everything in advance. The car is affordable, and the folks on MBForums say the maintenance isn't too different than that for the E320.

Even though the car will never handle as well as my MR2 did, I do find the power and oversteer to be very fun. There is surprisingly a good amount of feedback in the wheel. So I can tell when the car is about to give way.