Maniac Muslim Forums
Spider

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

This is one of the most hyped up and biggest fights in boxing history and it's only 3 days away from happening. Anyone else here excited about this (even a little bit at least)?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather,_Jr._vs._Manny_Pacquiao

My predictions/thoughts:

If had to bet on either of them, it would be Mayweather. He's one of the greatest technicians in boxing history. Within four or five rounds he's already adjusted himself in the most efficient manner possible. One reason for this is because his patience and more defensive style allows him to better calculate his opponent's moves and then (in the latter rounds) enables him to exploit the guy no matter how fast and hard he might be punching. This might look a little "boring" to others, but I think that is what makes his performance so smart and tactical.

That being said, it's definitely not going to be easy for Mayweather to earn points against a boxer like Pacquiao, because Pacquiao is a very fast, accurate, and a hard puncher as well, in addition to having superior footwork and combination attacks than Mayweather. But still, I think Mayweather has a slight advantage over him given the combination of amazing defensive skills and his speedy counter-punches. Furthermore, his punches and the timing of executions are brutally accurate, even more so than Pacquiao's, in my opinion. Fighting against Pacquiao, I think the most crucial adjustment on his part is that he's gonna have to fight a little more (or maybe a lot more) aggressively than he usually does, while still maintaining his skillful defensiveness as much as possible. But most likely he's already prepared for that.

If PAC, by the fifth. If not, mer by the 9th. I'm working or I'd have gone to a philapino party sat to watch it and all my friends get drunk and go crazy. Which is why I'm working Saturday.

I was watching the greatest hits by both of them...geez so violent, blood everywhere, but that's the point I suppose. That round with Floyd and Ortiz, Ortiz went to apologize and Floyd knocked him out. Not cool lol.

After seeing them both I think Manny will win, just because he is so fast. If he works on harder punches, plus his speed, definitely seems like he is going to win.

I tried to get tickets but the limited that they had available to the public sold out in 60 seconds. Luckily I'll be partying at the MGM anyways before the fight so I'll get to see it woohoo!

Guest ...

The money team will do this. Wouldn't mind seeing PAC to win it though.

The weigh in tickets were 1000 dollars lol. Well the resale price.

I think the more important question is...where can I watch it online lol. I might see the last bit or so.

Most likely you'll find it here: http://www.stream2watch.com/sports/boxing

The quality of the streaming might be poor and it might also freeze sometimes. How often that happens partially depends on your connection speed and the browser, too, I believe.

We were going to watch it properly on HBO but now we're going to ny so we have to stream.

I hope pacman wins.

Just to clarify, I 'liked' that because you're going to NY. I know nothing about this fight or who either individuals are.

Just to clarify, I 'liked' that because you're going to NY. I know nothing about this fight or who either individuals are.

I'll link you to one of those pre fight storyline hype up all you need to know videos soon.

Also, how many errors were in that sentence there?

Well this is all I could find. It's part 1 of a 4 part docu that I haven't watched but if you I'm sure you'd know all about it!

https://youtu.be/SiO6-5Qj4Zs