Maniac Muslim Forums
Spider

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

you want to move around your opponent's #2 punch as a general rule of thumb. stick around too long and you'll get cornered like Mayweather had been in a number of rounds at the ropes. moving around that fast like he did is exactly what you need to do with a man like Pacquiao who has probably the strongest #1 and #2 combo.

After the 6th round Mayweather was countering Manny's jabs with hooks that landed really well.

Manny sure had doubts, though. Right after the fight, he said that he thought he won actually, which was kinda funny to me. That's just more ownage against him since he was literally confused as to how Mayweather got the win.

And yeah it seems that most people wanted Manny to win. You can pretty much tell by the timing of when the whole crowd noise went up (and by the booing at Mayweather).

On a sidenote, I've heard some people say that Manny didn't quite show the kind of aggression that we're used to seeing. Although I agree with that, I think that a major part of the reason for that has to do with who he was fighting against. His usual offensiveness/aggressiveness must have been to some degree neutralized by Mayweather's defense and his range control. In relation to that, I also think that he wasn't able to gain enough confidence during the fight because he might have realized the level of skill that Mayweather has in dodging and counter-punching. Mayweather's style didn't allow Manny to be able to take full advantage of his own speed and aggression. Therefore, it's likely that Manny feared that he would become more vulnerable to being counter-attacked if he goes in and punches more, and so this may have been a key thing that prevented him from feeling confident enough as to get more aggressive.

On a sidenote, I've heard some people say that Manny didn't quite show the kind of aggression that we're used to seeing. Although I agree with that, I think that a major part of the reason for that has to do with who he was fighting against. His usual offensiveness/aggressiveness must have been to some degree neutralized by Mayweather's defense and his range control. In relation to that, I also think that he wasn't able to gain enough confidence during the fight because he might have realized the level of skill that Mayweather has in dodging and counter-punching. Mayweather's style didn't allow Manny to be able to take full advantage of his own speed and aggression. Therefore, it's likely that Manny feared that he would become more vulnerable to being counter-attacked if he goes in and punches more, and so this may have been a key thing that prevented him from feeling confident enough as to get more aggressive.

My thoughts exactly.

I've only seen one fight with Khan and he wasn't able to defend well. And the one fight I did see he got KO by a right hook.

I've only seen one fight with Khan and he wasn't able to defend well. And the one fight I did see he got KO by a right hook.

He's soft.

Up next:

Mayweather vs Khan

LOLOL

That might be interesting, if it does happen. But I can't really tell whether Khan will be easier or harder. Even In the post-fight conference (see this clip at 1:15), someone asked Mayweather "Who's left out there for you? Khan?" and then Mayweather gets pissed, probably because he feels that it's too early for him to be asked that question.

Khan, after seeing the MayPac fight, said that he thinks he'll definitely give Mayweather a lot more problems than Pacquiao did because of his height.

Plus, here is Mayweather's father, Floyd Mayweather Sr., on what he thinks about Khan vs. his son.

Manny sure had doubts, though. Right after the fight, he said that he thought he won actually, which was kinda funny to me. That's just more ownage against him since he was literally confused as to how Mayweather got the win.

And yeah it seems that most people wanted Manny to win. You can pretty much tell by the timing of when the whole crowd noise went up (and by the booing at Mayweather).

To add: News released after the fight that Pacman had an injured shoulder that required surgury. That can explain some things. But overall I think your above analysis would still hold true.

There is also a potential rematch in the works for next year.

PS: I like Khan! He has a fight in May 30, if he wins that I think he deserves a shot at mayweather as he would be the #1 contender.

All the Filipinos i've asked about the fight are so mad.

"He should change his name to Gayweather always hugging other man. He needs to stop treating boxers like his girlfriends and his girlfriends like boxers." hahahaha.