Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hijab

plagiarism and annoying group member - HELP

I am in a group of 5 other people, together we are working on assignments and making a report about it. This report is based on articles and test sessions. Each of us have had different sections we were supposed to write about... but a girl within the group has been copy pasting sections from articles, which each and all of us know that it will fail us to the exam, as a matter of fact, I don't think we will be allowed to take the exam. The girl has been told that she should rewrite her part, but even after that, she copy pasted stuff from some other article.."unfortunately" I have her on facebook, which is also how I found out about her lies and I receive notifications when ever she posts, and she got all the time in the world for her "other priorities", and when she posts that she can't come in our "group page", she is posting all sort of stuff on some other group page! For all group meetings she comes up with some excuse, every single time! Obviously she got different priorities and thing is I am the only person that knows all about her activities, because I am also a member of those pages (LOL :unsure: ). The guys in my group take things very lightly, what is wrong with these people??!! It really boils my head and I am extremely pissed off at her and have been all along ever since she showed how careless she is and the excuses she comes up with just to avoid group meetings and homework.... I have started to ignore her outside too, I don't even want to look at her. I really do prefer to leave her out of the group, but the guys have not yet suggested that, so I don't want to be the mean group member, but I can feel it really takes on me. I have done group work before, with gamers and weird people, but she really did push the limit. Anyway it got longer than intended. How can we tell her to stop all this copy pasting ish. She knows and she is risking that we all are going to fail. "Unfortunately" :wacko: we have learned about conflict resolution, which means we should talk it through, in a polite manner, but I don't want to be polite, NAHAAAAA! Now we will end up with typing all her work as it is necessary to include in the report....

But really what should we put up with her, if we don't want to be mean?

BTW, I can't recognise my own behaviour, obviously I am kinda ashamed the way I have been reacting, as I am not like that at all.. May Allah guide me, ameen

How much marks would you lose if you leaver her out?

I hate groupwork to be honest and this is why <_<

You could also say that you are using anti plagiarism software like turnitin to make sure that your work is plagiarism free maybe that will make her rethink what she is doing. If you want I can setup a turnitin class for you :P

We won't lose any marks. She didn't contribute in any way... but the guys are all softies.

I hate group work too

She already knows that we know about her copy pasting ish. That's why she had to rewrite in the first place. We use grammarly, it detects plagiarism and spelling errors lol. I don't think she cares, which is why I think it is justified that we leave her out of the group. She should not be allowed to take the exam with us... but then I too asked for x10shuns in regards to my own bits... so I am not a perfect group member either, but AT LEAST I did not copy paste and risked the group failing... I just need to vent it out I guess

Oh good Lord, I would smack her in the face, no joke! Can you just leave her out and ask the professor not to give her a mark since she did not contribute?

^I would too... she is testing my patience, and I am really trying be tolerant and patient, but... I have realised I just can't and I can't pretend to be- either...

We can probably ask the professor, but the thing is, it is a whole group decision and since the guys didn't suggest anything as such, I don't know if it is wise to suggest when they have not thought of this themselves. The professor knows too about her copy pasting... and he just said that at the exam they will ask questions and if she can't answer, she will fail. < I don't agree with him, but he will be the one passing us our grades so I can't be bothered risking anything for my own regards.. anyways.

I hate group work

Oh and yesterday I had a dream about her :o and she was here and replied to my first POST!!! :wacko::unsure::blink: LOL