Maniac Muslim Forums
Mufasa

"Ramadan's coming, and I want to work on..."

MM used to have a lot of these threads where people would share their ideas for improving as Muslims, as students, as humans, or whatever. So I figured in this thread we can kind of name one reasonable thing we'd like to work on as Ramadan approaches and during Ramadan so that we can hopefully turn it into a good habit. It doesn't have to be inherently religious, like memorizing more Qur'an, but it can be. If you have ideas for how we can encourage each other or turn these ideas into realities, please share.

So I'll start:

Putting more effort and time into jobs I do. If they're paying me, I shouldn't rush. I should put as much time into the work as I can, or else it's like scamming people. So PATIENCE and less procrastination.

Inshallah some volunteering for any charity id like to do..I saw lots of brothers and sisters at the hospital last year just helping out. I pretty much feel exhausted on normal days just at work so ramadan is super hard but a couple of hours even in the weekend would be better than nothing.

Prayer. That's what I'm going to work on, IA. Last year it was identity and I've been able to resolve so much with that, thanks to Allah(swt). I'm so excited...

I have so much to work on, i don't know where to begin. In recent years i've come to realise what a fragmented character i am, the constant struggle.

But i guess for now i want to work on detachment, because the hurt is real from attachement and return back to my inborn nature. Allah. :hijab:

Subhan'Allah I just had this conversation with my friends. I have friends that are trying to quit smoking weed/cigarettes, pray fajr on time, and I am trying to decide between backbiting and cursing. May Allah make it easy for all of us

I need to remind myself that ramadhan isn't merely about fasting & breaking fast. If possible, I'd wanna donate whatever I could for the less fortunate constantly even after ramadhan. Then, taraweeh. Tbh, sometimes I'd be really lazy and skip taraweeh. That should stop. And last but not least, I need to stop stuffing myself during iftaar. Really important. :/

Subhan'Allah I just had this conversation with my friends. I have friends that are trying to quit alcohol and cigarettes, and I am trying to decide between backbiting and cursing. May Allah make it easy for all of us

Trying to cut out the amount of media entertainment (movies, dramas, seasons) in my life...which is Alhamdulillah aleady quite less but I want to try to completely eliminate it.

Basically everything.

just being able to fast is #1, never really fasted before.

The amount of things I need to improve on is just embarrassing haha.

I feel like it gets harder and harder for me to fast every year because I have IBS; it's always worth it though. May Allah make it easy for you

Wow y'all are good people MashaAllah.

The stuff I have to work on is too disgraceful to post LOL.

You don't need to post anything, but if you have the mindset to change you're on the right path. None of us are perfect and you may be more beloved to Allah than anyone of us. Try not to compare yourself to others and move at your own pace to get closer to your Lord without concern for what anyone has to say about you. Change happens slowly over time and it's clear you have a strong support group here. May Allah lead us all on the path of righteousness