Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ishavemychesthair2

The transition to racing begins....

Very cool. You mainly frequent Willow Springs Raceway? How do you like the R6?

Nope, just been there once. mainly at Spring Mountain Motorsport Ranch right now. I'm looking to do a track day at COTA and Laguna Seca next year! Hopefully it'll work out.

The more I ride the R6 the more I realize how much the rider means to a bike, even more so than I thought before. My R6 is just short of 90 hp and my Ducati is 170hp. I can't tell you how many times I've past liter bikes on the track simply because the rider wasn't as skilled. I'm still in the novice group after doing 8 track days. This past track day I was totally on it though. I was working on down shifting and rev matching and I was finally in sync with the bike. I did have a bit of a mishap and crashed the bike, but I was extremely luck with no injuries at all and the bike is completely repairable.

22492316047_e1725657fa_k.jpg

vid of the crash:

https://youtu.be/CtHOeE0WaV8?t=1m14s

Looking at the video I was downshifting from 4th gear heading into the corner. What ended up happening is that the bike when into neutral and i didn’t correct it on the straight. when I started turning I down shifted to first, that’s when the rear end fishtailed and then I crashed.
I'm doing ok. My pride is bruised along with my foot and I'm sure other parts of my body but I'm doing ok. Now I get to fix my bike and get back on it again.

The R6 is just about finished. I actually got the ducati registered for street riding again. planning a road trip from Chicago to South Carolina with my buds.

So I crashed my bike. If you do this sport long enough one day it'll let you know you're still human and you will be accountable for your mistakes.

Here's the bike right after the crash:

23889183631_50e1a1102e_k.jpg

23889178571_31d8d50a9c_b.jpg

23343486274_f6d375862a_b.jpg

23971727595_d225532346_b.jpg

23343495834_53d62d64d5_b.jpg

I took the fairings off, cleaned off the bike and looked at the damage. Luckily no cracks in the frame, and nothing major. Bought about $200 worth of parts but I got lucky.

23675975330_2df81d1b9e_b.jpg

Luckily the parts for Yamaha's are relatively cheap, if this was my Ducati I would be in depression.

23971661825_801d4216d0_b.jpg

Parts ordered: Clip on handle bars, front Brake fluid reservoir, front Brake nipple parts, engine cover, engine cover gasket, fiberglass repair it, grips, left hand slider puck replacement, fairing stay was repaired.

As it stands right now:

23344855803_cd5e8a93fa_b.jpg

I'm currently working on preparing the fairings and getting it repainted. It won't be the last time I crashed but I've learned a lot through this experience. I'm going to get back on this bike soon and continue to work in getting faster.

Ouch bro but that's quick turn-around time. Good thing it happened on the track and not on the streets!

Track days look very fun. Looking forward to it starting back up in April.

Looks like you laid out, how far did you slide? What happened?

vid of the crash:

Looking at the video I was downshifting from 4th gear heading into the corner. What ended up happening is that the bike when into neutral and i didn’t correct it on the straight. when I started turning I down shifted to first, that’s when the rear end fishtailed and then I crashed.

Ouch bro but that's quick turn-around time. Good thing it happened on the track and not on the streets!

Track days look very fun. Looking forward to it starting back up in April.

dude move out to the west coast and you can ride year long. It's so awesome.

The tach bump then the slide. Crazy. I've done that a hundred times coming out of a turn, just not into one. I'll def remember that later.Nice job laying it down, though.