Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sal_the_man

Sal's GS500 Thread

^If I do decide to get a bike someday it would have to be an automatic one lol. Does that even exist? Or maybe I'll just get a scooter...

Scooters are way cool, BTW. Some go fast and may be safer. So, I am going to talk about me for a second, Lol. I just got this bike, it's used so I find a guy who works on them locally cause it needs tires and brakes. It wobbles a bit over eighty and when I got to 100 it just seemed too much. Turns out the front tire is worn and has an egg... JO was pissed! At me. Can you believe it? But it led to an interesting conversation about jahanza and such. Seems she didn't appreciate my speed on a bike I just baught from craigslist from a stranger. It was an amazing range though, it was still two thousand from red line and wanted to go faster! It WANTED to go faster. I was responsible though and eased off the gas once at 105. Sheez. Some people just don't appreciate good judgement.

I think it's dangerous and reckless to speed up that much. One wrong move and that's it. -_- I worry about my bro because because NYC has way more traffic and some drivers are crazy.

My palms were sweating a lot too lol. It's fun nonetheless. Yes, I would definitely buy one but an automatic one and I'd only ride it on empty streets and stay within the speed limit. -_-

Boo. I don't know of an automatic motorcycle that exists. Man up and master the manual! Then we can ride togetherrr

Scooters are way cool, BTW. Some go fast and may be safer. So, I am going to talk about me for a second, Lol. I just got this bike, it's used so I find a guy who works on them locally cause it needs tires and brakes. It wobbles a bit over eighty and when I got to 100 it just seemed too much. Turns out the front tire is worn and has an egg... JO was pissed! At me. Can you believe it? But it led to an interesting conversation about jahanza and such. Seems she didn't appreciate my speed on a bike I just baught from craigslist from a stranger. It was an amazing range though, it was still two thousand from red line and wanted to go faster! It WANTED to go faster. I was responsible though and eased off the gas once at 105. Sheez. Some people just don't appreciate good judgement.

Picture yo!

That a stock photo. Looks just like it minus age. Getting it serviced now and will post photos- of the bike and more in a week or two I think

To prevent myself from getting into further trouble, I waited to complete my MSF course. I must say it was an enormous help and shed light to the dangers we face on the road. Such as the factors that taken into account below:

WP_20150723_002_zpsmvphycsv.jpg

My hand writing may look like hieroglyphics but legible enough to convey the point.

Even though I now had my motorcycle license my parents were still vexed at the GS's presence. I took their feelings into consideration...and started riding to work everyday! News spread like wildfire amongst the workplace that Sal bought a motorcycle or what Joel called a "scooter." And despite people talking trash about a 500CC motorcycle I was showered with compliments about it's appealing naked style.

See, I like my motorcycles -naked- just like how I like my...JUICE!!

Parking next to a co-worker:

WP_20150724_002_zpskrorjlui.jpg

CEO gave me a Dunkin Donuts gift card for my BIRFDAY. Cashier girl smiled at me. Too bad she wasn't as hot as me.

WP_20150722_002%201_zpslxkxue6j.jpg

Chipotle for lunch and a new smoked out visor:

WP_20150813_002_zpsculesfld.jpg

I looked forward to riding to and from work everyday. I looked forward to strapping on my gear and peering through my smoked visor. I looked forward to exchanging a biker wave resulting in a grin wiping over my face. Even though my summer job was a step down from what I did previously and my future plans brought me anxiety. The GS500 introduced me to a world devoid of such stress. That world existed on twisty country roads and in the screeching powerband above 6500RPM. A zen pumping through my blood for once.

Yeah yeah enough with the ghey reflections Sal.

Shush fool. I write what I want because this is MY THREAD!

Anyways, the commutes to and from rockville kindled enough confidence to ride further to social outings. The commute to Cars & Coffee in Great Falls, VA was accompanied by a sharp, cold I-270 breeze and a frustrated phone call by my father. "Why you riding so far? Why are you on the bike? Why didn't you tell me?" Dad, dad, dad...

9WbAL.gif

And thus social outings were had,

Cars and Coughfay. Found another GS Bro. Sadly did not get to meet him. Who cares wasn't a GS500 anyway.

tumblr_nt4thmfRYo1rihksdo4_400_zpsyhl02q

Finally squeezed in a group ride with my friend Max. Let my friend David ride my GS since his was down.

IMG-20150815-WA0005_zpsum6re0rd.jpg

Getting some ice cream or "ass-cream" as my father says in his own english. The ice-cream was good, however the ass-cream...

WP_20150815_010_zpsiz6yqt33.jpg

WP_20150815_014_zpszcuhj01v.jpg

After an hour of tearing up backroads with Max and David it was time to depart for home that late Friday evening. The day was satisfying besides losing to a Dodge Charger as I approached the exit for I-270N from Germantown. However, as the bike entered the highway...

A stumbling stirred the rider.

It was the engine, but it wasn't on fire.

Curious to know why the GS bellowed.

The rider steered right, careful to avoid the yellows.

And as it slowed down his face quickly frowned.

At the RPMs dropping, then no sound.

The choke didn't help and the petcock was lying.

Prime? On?? No difference he might start crying.

And as he called his friends near-by

The hopes in the GS started to die

Just like the battery its last crank said

I wish I could do more. But guess what, I'M DEAD!