Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
StrivingToJannah

New guy on the block

Salams brother. Yes the forums are quite inactive, but if an interesting discussion comes up people usually reply. Hamzah used to post his articles for discussions here and talk admin stuff, don't think he has for a while though.

Tell us a bit about yourself!

I don't know. Message haku. He's the guiding hand in all things administrative. My name is Abdul Rahman. I'm glad to meet you. I am a revert Muslim, American, white, male, 51yo, argumentative, open minded, protective and loyal. I would have made a great dog. Lol. The reason the forum is dead is due to our attitude towards new people. This forum is quite old really, for an internet meeting place. There is what I call a prime core group that has been around since inception or close after. Then there are those of us who are core but came later. There was, a few years ago, a time when we were very active and there were arguments and discussions and a vibrance. It was after 9/11 and all the moderate Muslims and kids were trying to find their place in a rapidly changing world, most of us were or have been lonely, isolated, confused and socially awkward to boot. It was and is quite fun. The problem came when some core members began to cause fitna for fun, and we got a deluge of out side trolls. Many also grew away from the forum, no longer needing it and more likely, no longer having time. This is natural. I am glad your here though. Nice to meet you.

No I'm not american actually :).

By the way how come it shows "You can only make 15 more posts until 6th October"? Why is there a limit?

to distinguish between good newcomers and spammers.

I don't know. Message haku. He's the guiding hand in all things administrative. My name is Abdul Rahman. I'm glad to meet you. I am a revert Muslim, American, white, male, 51yo, argumentative, open minded, protective and loyal. I would have made a great dog. Lol. The reason the forum is dead is due to our attitude towards new people. This forum is quite old really, for an internet meeting place. There is what I call a prime core group that has been around since inception or close after. Then there are those of us who are core but came later. There was, a few years ago, a time when we were very active and there were arguments and discussions and a vibrance. It was after 9/11 and all the moderate Muslims and kids were trying to find their place in a rapidly changing world, most of us were or have been lonely, isolated, confused and socially awkward to boot. It was and is quite fun. The problem came when some core members began to cause fitna for fun, and we got a deluge of out side trolls. Many also grew away from the forum, no longer needing it and more likely, no longer having time. This is natural. I am glad your here though. Nice to meet you.

I read that in such a melancholy tone...

By the way how come it shows "You can only make 15 more posts until 6th October"? Why is there a limit?

Sassy -_-

So you still need to intro yourself :hmm:

The way you said that sounds kind of bad. Meaning that only social awkward, isolated and lonely people visit forums?

I think lot of kinds of people visit forums. Including the extremely intelligent and smart. Forums can also be a cool place for people, it's up to the admins job :).

To stop le spammers.

Welcome :wave: