Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
StrivingToJannah

My favourite quotes of Umar Ibn Al Khattab

“In my view your greatest obligation is to offer prayers. He who fulfills this obligation with great regularity will be secure in his religion.”

“In the preparation of Islam, commit no excess.”

“He who sleeps without offering the night prayer, may he never enjoy a sound sleep.”

“As long as you are pure of heart, you speak the truth.”

Share yours below! :)

Great thread. Omar (RA) is one of the most important of the sahaba to me because he espouses many of the values that make up a great deal of my heritage. Even before Islam, despite being the younger brother and having uncles and a father, he was chosen to represent his clan within the Quraysh tribal council meetings.

It was also stated before his conversion to Islam, that if one of the two Omar's became Muslim (the other being 'Amr ibn Hashim, aka Abu Jahl), then the Mu'mineen would surely succeed.

There is a series about his life, it has English subtitles too. You should check it out.

Great thread. Omar (RA) is one of the most important of the sahaba to me because he espouses many of the values that make up a great deal of my heritage. Even before Islam, despite being the younger brother and having uncles and a father, he was chosen to represent his clan within the Quraysh tribal council meetings.

It was also stated before his conversion to Islam, that if one of the two Omar's became Muslim (the other being 'Amr ibn Hashim, aka Abu Jahl), then the Mu'mineen would surely succeed.

There is a series about his life, it has English subtitles too. You should check it out.

Can you link me to the series? Jazakhallah khair.

Hazrat Umar (RA) was a great leader and a pioneering figure who constantly favored individual liberty and self-respect. He followed the principle of equality very strictly and showed respect for all individuals including non-Muslims. He ordered Muslims to treat non-Muslims with respect and his Covenant continues to be held in high regard even today.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:22 AM, Afzalsheikh said:

Hazrat Umar (RA) was a great leader and a pioneering figure who constantly favored individual liberty and self-respect. He followed the principle of equality very strictly and showed respect for all individuals including non-Muslims. He ordered Muslims to treat non-Muslims with respect and his Covenant continues to be held in high regard even today.

May we follow their example.

On 10/5/2015 at 6:43 AM, StrivingToJannah said:

“In my view your greatest obligation is to offer prayers. He who fulfills this obligation with great regularity will be secure in his religion.”

“In the preparation of Islam, commit no excess.”

“He who sleeps without offering the night prayer, may he never enjoy a sound sleep.”

“As long as you are pure of heart, you speak the truth.”

Share yours below! :)

“Stick the truth even if the truth kills you.” – Umar ibn al-Khattab (Radi-Allahu’ Anhu)