Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Abdul Rahman

Weird stuff from the world

net neutrality means all websites can be accessed equally, so big company websites gets no preference. FB is trying to give web access for free only to visit FB. Whether FB is paying for it or end user paying for it doesn't matter. This scheme gives FB an overwhelming preference.

ps> its like if Walmart offers to pay for construction and gas for vehicles for a new highway that leads only to walmart.

Do we have net neutrality in the US?

as for now its globally recognized, including us

I think it'll be a bad thing if that changes

there were political move to change things quite recently, but obama or the court or some thing put an end to it, for the time being.

I was having this discussion yesterday about some of the conservative values. The other person might have been a goldwater type conservative, and he was telling me how fundamental individual rights/freedom is to betterment of humanity. And how more big government is natural opposite to individual freedom. This guy is an intellectual.

I must say I don't buy the entire argument, and it seems to me that American conservatives have this idealogical belief regarding some things (such as big gov=bad, state welfare=bad, etc), which shapes their entire way of thought.why are these beliefs held on to so strongly?

The very idea of American conservatism can be equated with the early American identity of fierce independent, individual pioneer persona. While much of this can be said to be mythology propagated over generations- it is based in the actual European experience here in the U.S. A. . For the Goldwater type conservative-now morphed into the Libertarian movement of conservatives-it is the spiritual heart of our politics. Much of what is now conservative here, right wing populists, are really a reaction to the social changes that began in the mid sixties. Women's lib, Roe v Wade, Civil rights and gay rights- and the popularity of the counter culture misidentified as liberal politic. Real conservatism only concerns it self with the limiting of the role of government in our lives to what is absolutely needed to keep the peace, to spend on what is needed to promote commerce, and to spend on what is only needed to defend our land. All else is of no consequence.