Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Abdul Rahman

Weird stuff from the world

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/25/us/jessop-flds-warren-jeffs-short-creek/

I remember reading about this branch about fifteen years ago. An ex girlfriend of a friend kicked dope and joined up with them not long after. I was curious about a place that wasn't controlled at the state and federal level, so I drove through there- a couple of times. She gave up her kid and all her money and all her stuff. I think i was hoping to see her. No one was around to talk to so j just looked at the town (s). It's weird now, that it is news

OK. The federal government is over all national boundaries and holdings. Obviously. Each state is independent but bound by the federation so they have their own governments. Each state is divided into counties, each with its own government beholding to state and federal law. Within each county are towns and cities each with their own government beholding to county, state and federal laws (meaning taxes). Special districts are areas defined by maps (geographical and population) that fulfill a singular need. These are also governed, taxed and managed separately than the rest-and are beholding to (supposedly) one of the aforementioned bodies. Well known districts would be voting, school, fire, sewer, power, water, etc. Each of these districts overlap each other. For instance, a school district can have two or three fire districts in its boundary, two or more water, sewer and voting and so on. Esoteric districts can have an environmental skew, real estate skew and such creating layer upon layer of rules, regulations and most importantly taxes- each with its own government.

OK. Because each individual issue ( school, power, fire, etc) requires frequent oversight, income derived from multiple sources, budgets that may have a singular purpose- educating your kid, making sure the power goes to your light bulb, making sure the water that leaves your tap is potable, making sure a fire truck shows up at your house if it's on fire, etc- yet have all the complex needs met to do the job- trained personnel, adequate and safe infrastructure to provide the service, equipment that is safe and up to the task, etc. Very complex stuff. Too complex for a city manager to do (legally can't do because of federal money involved and state money as well. So governing boards are created for each topic. School boards develop rules and budgets, principals ensure rules and budgets are followed, teachers teach and get paid. Likewise for power- power boards develop rules, figure costs, vote on upgrades and listen to public complaints and ideas. Some districts have no public input or proper state/ fedral oversight because laws were inacted in the last fifty years shielding these boards from public view. Like real estate and energy development and land waste management and water control