Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Abdul Rahman

Good grief

Well, JO is on the first day of work and I have some time. I thought, thunk and contempoladdled and said to myself- i should go on MM and put some stuff out there. Here. huh. Well, this is the bike. I was so excited about this one, really. It was in my budget and although 30 years old, it ran well. It was a mechanical project bike that i was looking forward to re- building this winter. Alas and too badness for me. JO has a Honda 750 shadow that is all torque and heavy and although i enjoy it, I don't enjoy my feet in front of my body, its unnerving to me to ride that way. All heavy sleds feel that way to me. This bike was heavy as well, buy the center of gravity made it feel much lighter. It was a sweet spot bike that didn't cramp me or make me feel like i was about to be spread across the pavement. The number one cylinder had a valve/rod issue and it needed new gaskets and brake lines, the rear lights and turn signals were not well. Sigh. But it felt right to me short legged and short armed self. The guy who had it before me tried to make it a naked bike and just took everything off. He even removed the passive fuel vapor recovery system thinking it robbed him of HP, which is nonsense. I wasn't too mad before, grateful that I had removed my electronic stuff and guns earlier, but now I'm miffed. Jerks.

25jjl80.jpg

Wow that bike is BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love it. Do you have a video of it running?

Edit: Awesome that you, me, and Shaver are all riders now :)

Wow that bike is BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love it. Do you have a video of it running?

Edit: Awesome that you, me, and Shaver are all riders now :)

I know you mean well but AR mentioned in a post elsewhere that this bike was stolen. :/

AR, it's possible you may eventually get something better in the future. I absolutely hate thieves. They live in my apartment building and they stole a very good factory sewing machine from the backyard, right under our nose. <_<

I know you mean well but AR mentioned in a post elsewhere that this bike was stolen. :/

AR, it's possible you may eventually get something better in the future. I absolutely hate thieves. They live in my apartment building and they stole a very good factory sewing machine from the backyard, right under our nose. <_<

Oh wow that absolutely blows. Sorry to hear about that AR.

There are plenty of bikes available at any given time. I'm sure you can find another one.

FYI I bought my GS500 for $1300 running perfectly. There are deals out there.

Yeah. It has a bad oil leak, and the four exhaust headers tuck under the engine becoming two pipes. Very hot, and a huge fire risk. It has a balance problem at higher speeds making a wobble, sooooooooooo I'm hoping no one rides it, but they're idiots so I'm assuming they will.