Maniac Muslim Forums

Ramadan the greatest month ever

Ramadan and Qur'an, they are the best combination ever, Ramadan is the best time of a year to start and finish Qur'an with love and excitement, in this holy month there are a lot of good deeds could be done by Muslims to help others like serving Iftar and suhoor to the needy at rahman tables everywhere, Ramadan is a great opportunity for Muslims everywhere to redeem themselves and ask Allah for forgiveness about any wrongs or bad deeds they've done. So readingQur'an and praying are the best thing to do in the holy month beside fasting of course.

Muslims love praying Taraweeh prayers as a sunnah from the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), to gain more rewards from Allah in the holy month, and more light to their hearts. Ramadan is the best month a year for Muslims around the world.

Most Important Acts of Ramadan

Ramadan is a generous month, Allah gives Muslims in this month many ways; easy ways to gain from him many rewards in their lives, it is a month of khairat, so the most important parts in it is Siam (fasting) and Salat.

The first is Siam is the act when Muslims abstain from and avoid the consumption of a particular thing, Fasting in the context of Sharia means:To worship Allah by abstaining from the ingestion of food, drinks and sexual intercourse from dawn till sunset, it has several magnified benefits and abundant rewards. In order to extol its position, Allah Almighty has linked Fasting to Himself. In a Qudsi hadith reported by Abu Hurayrah, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Indeed every righteous deeds by the son of Adam is rewarded from ten times to seven hundred times”. However Allah Almighty says: “Fasting is an exception. This is because, it is for Me and I shall reward the one who Fasts accordingly. He left his yearnings and wishes and food for My sake. Thus, he who Fasts has two pleasures: a pleasure when he breaks the Fast at sunset and another when he meets his Lord. And, indeed, the change in odor (Al Khaloof)1 from his mouth is more pleasing to Allah than the fragrance of the Musk (perfume)".

The second most important part in Ramadan is Salat (prayers)which is very important to Allah in all times, but in Ramadan there is extra kind of Salat and they have more merits and rewards, Salat in the context of Islamic Law means: Worshiping Allah Almighty with specific words and actions; beginning with saying “Allahu Akbar” and ending with saying “As-Salaamu ‘Alaikum.

The Position of Salat in Islam

1. Salat is the second pillar of the five pillars of Islam.

2. Salat is the best of actions. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), has said: “The best of actions is the prayer early in its time.

3. Salat is the line between Islam and Kufr (disbelief). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) , said: “Indeed between a man and shirk or Kufr is leaving the prayer.

4. The foundation of Islam is built on Salat and At-Tawheed (singling Allah out for worshiping alone). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)said: “The head of this affair is Islam and its support is Salat .”

I’tikāf in Islam

I’tikāf (solemn assembly in islam) is in Literal meaning: Persistence with something and confinement of oneself unto it, but Al I’tikāf in the context of shari’ah implies: Staying in seclusion in the masjid (mosque) for the purpose of worshiping Allah Almighty alone. It is in accordance with the believer's own wish, It is most common during the month of Ramadan, especially the last ten days.

I’tikāf has some rulings and conditions must be followed so, it would be correct and acceptable to Allah.

Some acts are permissible during I’tikāf and some other invalidate it.

Zakat al Fitr

Zakat al-Fitr: A sadaqah (alms) prescribed by the Messenger of Allah upon concluding the fast of the month of Ramadan; It is called Zakat al-Fitr because it becomes mandatory when Ramadan comes to an end, it is wajib (required) from every Muslim, whether male or female, minor or adult as long as he/she has the means to do so.

The main purpose of Zakat al-Fitr is to provide the poor with a means with which they can celebrate the festival of breaking the fast (`Eid al-Fitr) along with the rest of the Muslims.

Measure of Zakah Al-Fitr

A Sa’[ One saa: 2.40kg barley] is to be paid for every individual, and it has to be from man’s food e.g. rice, dates, wheat, in accordance with the hadith of Abu Sa’eed Al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: “We used to pay on the day of Fitr during the time of the Messenger of Allah a Sa’ of food” and he (Abu Sa’eed) said: “And our foods were barley, raisins, (cottage) cheese[ Aqit: dried, curled milk (cottage cheese) used in cooking] and dates.” [ Source: Al Bukhari]

Sa’(saa) is estimated by Hanafis as = 3.25 kgs, and for the majority of scholars as = 2.040 kgs

It is also estimated as four handfuls of an average sized man.

Congregational Ṣalāt

Wisdom behind Congregational Ṣalāt and its Merits

1- Knowing other brothers, loving each other for the sake of Allah and strengthening ties of love; without which, perfect faith would not have been easy to achieve. This is because, there is no path to faith and paradise except by loving for the sake of Allah.

2- Freedom from hypocrisy and the hell fire. This is for someone who meets the initiating Takbeer of every Ṣalāt for forty consecutive days.

3- Facilitating the reunion of Muslims and bringing their hearts together in goodness and righteousness.

4- Solidarity among the Muslims and helping one another in issues affecting them.

5- Demonstrating the religious rites and its strength.

6- Unifying the hearts of the Muslims, as in the same row of Ṣalāt there is gathered the White, Black, Arabs, non-Arabs, old, young, rich and the poor, side by side, in a single mosque, behind one imam, at the same time, towards the same direction and with the same intention.

7- Infuriating the enemies of Allah. This is because the Muslims will not cease to be powerful and invulnerable as long as they uphold the observation of congregational Ṣalāt in the mosque.

8- Eradication of misdeeds, and rising in ranks. It was reported on the authority of Abu Hurairah t, who reported that the Messenger of Allah said: “Should I direct you to that by which Allah eradicates sins and raises the levels?” They replied: “Yes, Oh Messenger of Allah.” Then the Prophet said: “Performing ablution when it is disliked, taking many steps to the mosques, and waiting for Ṣalāt one after the other. That is striving in the cause of Allah.” [ Source: Muslim.]

9- Observing Ṣalāt in congregation is better than observing it alone by twenty-seven degrees. On the authority of Abdullah ibn Umar t,, the Messenger of Allah said: “Congregational Ṣalāh is better than that observed alone by twenty-seven degrees.” [ Source: Al-Bukhari.]

- Congregational Prayer (Ṣalāt ) at Home.

It is not advised for any individual or congregation to observe Ṣalāt at home while a mosque is close to them. However if the Mosque is far away, and they did not hear the call to prayer, then there is no sin on them if they observe it in congregation at home.

Signs of Prophethood.

The messengers and prophets who were sent by Allah to mankind must be given proofs and evidences to make the sincerity of their claims clear, something which confirms they are Allah’s messengers. This is the case to prevent people from having any argument against them, and having any excuse for disbelieving and disobeying them. Allah says: }Indeed We have sent Our Messengers with clear proofs{(Al-Hadîd :25)

The proofs that confirm the truthfulness of the messengers are many, of which the most important are:

1-Miracles

2-Glad tidings of the coming of the prophets and messengers

3-Considering their conditions

4-The fundamentals are the same

5-Allah granted them victory and His support

The Rulings of An-Najasah

Definition of Najasah

An- Najasah Linguistically: Dirt/Impurity, An-Najasah in The Context of Islamic Law: Impurities which the Islamic law orders to be removed

- Types of An-Najasah

1- Human urine and feces

The proof is the hadeeth about the Bedouin Arab who urinated in the mosque and the Prophet admonished him by saying, “These masaajid (mosques) are not for urinating or other filth, but they are for the remembrance of Allah, Salat and recitation of the Quran.” [ agreed upon.]

2- Menstrual Blood

The proof for this is from the authentic narration, when Khaulah, the daughter of Yasaar y, went to the Prophet and said: “O Messenger of Allah, I possess only one garment and I am menstruating,” the Prophet said: “When the blood stops (and you have taken a bath), wash the part stained with blood then pray in it.” [ narrated by Abu Dawud.]

Any blood, apart from menstrual blood, is pure. Whether it is blood spilled out or other than that. The evidence for this is the narration where one of the polytheists shot an arrow at one of the believers when he was praying. The man was hit and blood began flowing from the wound, but he removed the arrow and continued his prayer.

3- Urine and Dung of Animals Which Aren’t Permissible to Eat

This is established on the hadeeth of Ibn Mas’ud : “The Prophet went to the toilet and he ordered that I bring him three stones, but I only found two stones. I searched for a third, but didn’t find it, so I took a piece of dung and went to him with them. He took the two stones and dropped the dung saying: ‘This is impure.’” [ narrated by Al-Bukhari.]

4- Dead Meat

It is any animal which died on its own, without being slaughtered in accordance with Islamic Law. Dead meat also includes any part cut from a live animal, before the animal is slaughtered.

1-Dead Fish and Locusts

2-Dead Animals Which Have No Flowing Blood (like flies)

5- Pork

6- Dog Saliva

7- Al- Maḍhy

It is a whitish sticky liquid that is produced during foreplay or by thinking of sex. It is neither emitted from sexual desire nor does it gush forth, and it is not accompanied by a feeling of tiredness due to its release - contrary to semen. One may not even notice its discharge.

8- Al-Wady

It is a thick white fluid that comes out sometimes after urination.

Cleaning of Semen (Al- Maniy)

Semen is a thick white fluid that exits the body at the peak of sexual stimulation and gushes forth when it exits. Its release is accompanied by a feeling of tiredness and it smells somewhat like the pollen of a palm tree or yeast. It is pure. This is because if it was impure, the Prophet would have ordered us to wash anything spoiled by it. In regards to removing al- maniy, it is sufficient to rinse the cloth if al-maniy is wet, or just scrape it off if it is dry. This is according to A’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) who said: “The Prophet used to wash semen from his clothes and go to pray in them while I saw traces of the rinse water on them.” [ agreed upon.] And in the narration by Muslim: “I remember scraping it (Al-Maniy) from the clothes of Allah’s Messenger, and then he prayed in them.” [ narrated by Muslim.]

You could stratify these further by mentioning whether the Najaasah would leave a person in a state of Hadath Akbar (necessitates ghusl) or Hadath Asghar (necessitates wudhu).

Also Maniy is impure in the Hanafi School. I'm assuming your post is based on Shafi'i Fiqh.

Yet, a very informative post. JazakAllahu Khairan for sharing.

Facts about prophecy and the message

Every messenger was from the nation he was sent to and he spoke the same language as them

Of the wisdoms of Allah the Almighty, is that every messenger sent by Him is of the same kind as those who will receive that message.

Moreover, another wisdom is that the messenger speaks the same language as the people he is sent to, so that they understand his words and their meanings.

The infallibility and perfection of the messengers and prophets

Allah’s prophets and messengers are characterized by a perfect mind, sound natural disposition, honesty and by being free of any bodily deformations that are repugnant to the sight or repel sound senses. Allah has purified their souls and morals. They are, therefore, the most perfect of mankind ethically, own the purest of souls and are the most generous in their benevolence. Allah gathered and placed perfect morals, the highest of manners, insight, knowledge, forgiveness, generosity, courage and justice in all of them. Consequently, they excelled in these morals among their people. Messengers are the finest of Allah’s creation, chosen and picked by Him to transmit the message and convey the trust.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was known among his people as As-Sadiqul Ameen (the honest and trustworthy one) even before the message was revealed to him, and thus His Lord described him as:}And verily, you (O Muhammad [sal-Allâhu ‘alayhi wa sallam]) are on an exalted (standard of) character.{(al-Qalam :4)

The messengers and prophets were humans

Those messengers and prophets, despite being described as having sublime characteristics given by Allah, were still humans affected by what affects other human beings. They grew hungry and sick and they slept, ate, married and died.

The meaning of the word Lord (Rabb)

Lord: Is the Master Who is not like any other, and the One Who manages the affairs of His creation with the blessings that He has granted them. He is the Owner who controls the creation and commands them. The word Lord (rabb) cannot be used to describe a human except if it is used in phrases like: rabb ad-Darr (head of a family) or rabb al maal (owner of the money). But if it is used alone, this word only indicates Allah.

As people are aware of their dire need for the Lord before they become aware of their dire need for a god to worship, and as they wish to fulfil their immediate needs before any other needs, their acknowledgement of the Lordship of Allah precedes that of His divinity. They pray to Him, ask for His help and trust Him more than they worship and turn in repentance and devotion to Him.

The meaning of Lord and Lordship includes great meanings, for example managing affairs, and granting rizq (sustenance), health, success and guidance. Allah the Exalted says: 79- And it is He who feeds me and gives me drink. 80- And when I am ill, it is He who cures me 81- And who will cause me to die and then bring me to life(Ash-Shu"arâ": 79-81).

Allah is a name so sweet to utter and which has such a beautiful meaning. It is derived from the word that refers to ‘love’ and from that which refers to ‘sincerety in worship’...What a great name!

He is Allah, Al- Khaleq (Creator), Al-Bari" (Initiator), and Al-Mosawwer (the Faishoner), who created, initiated from nothing and formed everything that exists according to His wisdom, and then fashioned everything according to His mercy and wisdom. He possesses these great attributes and will continue possessing them till time eternal.

Allah, the Lord, He is the Manager of the affairs of all His creation and the Granter of all blessings. A special type of this management of affairs is that which Allah directs towards those He chooses by guiding their hearts, souls and manners. They, therefore, frequently make du"a to Him using that sublime name for they ask from Him that special type of management.

The Old Man;
this is a story of an old man who was about to kill himself and suicide. He was eighty years old.
He left a letter for his wife .But what happened next was amazing. He finally found his way
At his letter to his wife he wrote“Katrina, my love, I’m leaving for good. I will end my misery that never seems to abandon me. To put it frankly: I will end my life. Forgive me, and may the children forgive me too.” and he was about to carry out his plan.
Something happened that changed his life for better. to know more visit;http://en.islamkingdom.com/Know_about_Islam/The_novel/The_Old_Man.aspx
Source;Islamkingdom http://en.islamkingdom.com

Ṣalāh linguistically means:Invocation, but Ṣalāh, in the context of Islamic Law means:
Worshiping Allah Almighty with specific words and actions; beginning with saying “Allahu Akbar” and ending with saying “As-Salaamu ‘Alaikum”.
Ṣalāh is the second pillar of the five pillars of Islam.
The Prophet ﷺ, said: “Islam is built upon five pillars: Witnessing that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger, and establishing the prayer…
if you feel uncomfortable or worried,go and pray and see what you will feel.
to know more about Salah;http://en.islamkingdom.com/fiqh/Fiqh_al_Ibadat/Salat/The_Status_of_As_alh_and_its_Ruling.aspx
Source; http:islamkingdom //en.islamkingdom.com
#salah

At first, his nation used to be believers, who worshipped Allah Alone and believed in the resurrection and the Last Day, and they were doers of good deeds. This nation died and people grieved over them for they were pious and of high morals. As a result, they created some statues to resemble these dead pious men who had passed away, and they called them: Wad, Sewaa’, Yaghuth, Ya’oq and Nassr. People found solace in these statues, and they made them a symbol of this group of righteous men who had passed away. People in the city venerated these images, as they wanted to show great esteem to them. Time passed, parents died and sons grew older. They started increasing the amount of esteem and veneration they had towards these statues by bowing down to them. These statues occupied a large part of the hearts of the people. Consequently, the second generation began worshipping these images, and they described them as gods to which they must prostrate and be submissive. They worshipped the statues as deities and many of them went far, far astray. Thus, Allah sent Noah (pbuh) to them to show them the straight path, forbid them from worshiping idols, and guide them back to the worship of Allah. Noah came before his people and said: {and he said: “O my people! Worship Allâh! You have no other Ilâh (God) but Him (Islâmic Monotheism).}(Al-Mu’minûn:23)
if you want to know more about this story visit our site; en.islamkingdom.com

The history of messengers

Source;Islamkingdom

Prophet Abraham was indeed a monotheistic prophet and this was manifested in all his conduct. Allah, therefore, says the following when describing him: {Verily, Ibrâhim (Abraham) was an Ummah (a leader having all the good righteous qualities), or a nation, obedient to Allâh, Hanifa (i.e. to worship none but Allâh), and he was not one of those who were Al-Mushrikûn (polytheists, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh, and those who joined partners with Allâh).}(An-Nahl:120)
He (pbuh) grew up among polytheists. Even his father was one of the idolaters, and carved and served the idols. Abraham argued with his father and people: {And (remember) when Ibrâhim (Abraham) said to his father Azar: “Do you take idols as âlihâ (gods)? Verily, I see you and your people in manifest error.”}(Al-An’âm:74) to know more visit our site and donot hesitate.
The history of the messengers
Source;Islamkingdom

Allah is a name so sweet to utter and which has such a beautiful meaning. It is derived from the word that refers to ‘love’ and from that which refers to ‘sincerety in worship’...What a great name! &"He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner&" (Al-Hashr: 24).
Lord: Is the Master Who is not like any other, and the One Who manages the affairs of His creation with the blessings that He has granted them. He is the Owner who controls the creation and commands them. The word Lord cannot be used to describe a human except if it is used in phrases like: rabb ad-Darr (head of a family) or rabb al maal (owner of the money). But if it is used alone, this word only indicates Allah.
the meaning of the lord (Rabb)
Source;islamkingdom