Maniac Muslim Forums

True Iman is life to the soul and a source of happiness

The soul&"s contentment is attained only through belief in Allah(mighty and majestic is He). An unbelieving soul remains insecure, scared, lost and weak, with no stability. The only belief that leads to deliverance is the belief in Allah. It means the firm ratification that Allah is the Lord of everything, the King and Creator of everything, and He alone is worthy to be singled out for worship in Salah (prayers), Sawm (fasting), Du&"aa (supplication), when having hope and fear, and being humble and submissive. He (mighty and majestic is He) alone has all the perfect attributes, being exalted from any deficiency or defect.

Iman in Allah is the light that guides to justice, freedom and knowledge. It is the light that guides to the straight path; the light that leads us to spiritual tranquility and security.

Belief in Allah includes belief in His angels, scriptures, messengers, the Last Day and fate, whether good or evil. This belief is the origin of human happiness. It is the Jannah of the believer in this world and leads him, Allah Willing, to the Jannah of the Hereafter.

Iman from the religious point of view means: “Believing with the heart and at the same time expressing that belief with the tongue&"

If this is realized, then it should be known that the bases upon which Allah accepts our deeds is Iman. Allah (mighty and majestic is He) says: &"So whoever does righteous deeds while he is a believer&" (Al-Anbiyâ&": 94).

source:islamkingdom

Wisdom behind Congregational Ṣalāt and its Merits

1- Knowing other brothers, loving each other for the sake of Allah and strengthening ties of love; without which, perfect faith would not have been easy to achieve. This is because, there is no path to faith and paradise except by loving for the sake of Allah.

2- Freedom from hypocrisy and the hell fire. This is for someone who meets the initiating Takbeer of every Ṣalāt for forty consecutive days. Anas , reported the Messenger of Allah as saying: “Whosoever observes Ṣalāt for Allah for forty days in congregation, catching the first Takbeer, has gained two freedoms, both of which are written for him: freedom from hell and freedom from hypocrisy.” [ Source: Al-Bukhari.]

3- Facilitating the reunion of Muslims and bringing their hearts together in goodness and righteousness.

4- Solidarity among the Muslims and helping one another in issues affecting them.

5- Demonstrating the religious rites and its strength.

6- Unifying the hearts of the Muslims, as in the same row of Ṣalāt there is gathered the White, Black, Arabs, non-Arabs, old, young, rich and the poor, side by side, in a single mosque, behind one imam, at the same time, towards the same direction and with the same intention.

7- Infuriating the enemies of Allah. This is because the Muslims will not cease to be powerful and invulnerable as long as they uphold the observation of congregational Ṣalāt in the mosque.

8- Eradication of misdeeds, and rising in ranks. It was reported on the authority of Abu Hurairah t, who reported that the Messenger of Allah said: “Should I direct you to that by which Allah eradicates sins and raises the levels?” They replied: “Yes, Oh Messenger of Allah.” Then the Prophet said: “Performing ablution when it is disliked, taking many steps to the mosques, and waiting for Ṣalāt one after the other. That is striving in the cause of Allah.” [ Source: Muslim.]

9- Observing Ṣalāt in congregation is better than observing it alone by twenty-seven degrees. On the authority of Abdullah ibn Umar t,, the Messenger of Allah said: “Congregational Ṣalāh is better than that observed alone by twenty-seven degrees.” [ Source: Al-Bukhari.]

- Congregational Prayer (Ṣalāt ) at Home.

It is not advised for any individual or congregation to observe Ṣalāt at home while a mosque is close to them. However if the Mosque is far away, and they did not hear the call to prayer, then there is no sin on them if they observe it in congregation at home.

SOURCE:ISLAMKINGDOM

1- Entering the prayer while one is distracted; having their thoughts elsewhere or being in a state which distracts himself or his imam; like holding back urine, wind or defecation, being in a state of hunger or thirst, when food which he wishes to eat is present, or looking at that which distracts him from Ṣalāh.

2- Useless movements; Meaning doing that which is contrary to being tranquil and concentrating in Ṣalāh.

Ex: Moving without a need, playing with ones beard, clothing or watch, cracking ones knuckles, or putting the fingers of one hand in between those of the other hand,

3- Looking with ones face left or right without a need; with the condition that the body does not turn away from the Qiblah; otherwise the Ṣalāh would be invalidated.

4- Putting ones hands on ones hips; since it is the action of the Jews.

5- Covering ones mouth and nose in prayer.

6- Rolling up ones garment, sleeves or the likes.

7- Tying ones hair back, gathering it, or braiding it for men; as this would resemble a man whose hands are tied up behind his back. This is because when he prostrates, his hair would not prostrate with him.

8- Spitting in the direction of the Qiblah or to ones right side.

9- Looking up at the sky.

10- Closing one’s eyes, except for a need.

11- Stretching ones arms flat on the ground when in prostration

Source:islamkingdom

First: having pure Tawheed of Allah (mighty and majestic). Allah says: 2- …(being) sincere to Him in religion. 3- Unquestionably, for Allah is the pure religion (Az-Zumar: 2-3).
Allah the Exalted also says: &"They were not commanded except to worship Allah, (being) sincere to Him in religion&" (Al-Baiyinah: 5).
Every outward action which contradicts one’s inward thoughts and deeds is false
Second: being a true follower of the Prophet (peace be upon him), obeying him in his commands, abstaining from his prohibitions and believing in whatever he conveyed. Allah (mighty and majestic is He), says: &"O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger, and those in authority among you. If you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. That is the best (way) and best in result&" (An-Nisâ&": 59).
Third: if you want to have Ikhlass, be careful to continue to do good deeds properly, and always remember the seven kinds of people who will be in Allah&"s shade on that Day when there will not be any shade but His, one being described below: &"A man who givese charity in secret…&" (Narrated by al-Bukhari).
Also remember that: &"The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions…&" (Narrated by al-Bukhari).
Fourth: always praise Allah from the bottom of your heart, and stop looking at what people have. Your bond should be with Allah, your Creator (mighty and majestic is He), for a person who has Ikhlass does not look forward to having a worldly gain or a spouse to marry, but rather he looks forward to achieving Allah&"s Mercy.
Fifth: you have to throw your self at the doorstep of Your Lord, demonstrating submissiveness and subordination, imploring Him to provide you with Ikhlass, to purify you from hypocrisy, and to forgive all of your sins and wrongdoings.
To have Ikhlass is to abstain from seeking a person to see your good deeds except Allah, and to expect rewards from only Him.
Sixth: to avoid and be aware of hypocrisy and showing-off. If a slave of Allah begins to know the path to hypocrisy and lets it enter the soul, he will completely distance himself from being able to have sincere_Iman/How_to_have_Al_Ikhlas"]Ikhlass[/url]. An example of this is when one describes himself, or accepts that people name him as a Waley (a pious man who is supported by Allah), or boasts about his good deeds and acts of worship. Allah (mighty and majestic is He) says: 15- Whoever desires the life of this world and its adornments - We fully repay them for their deeds therein, and they therein will not be deprived. 16- Those are the ones for whom there is not in the Hereafter but the Fire; and lost is what they did therein, and worthless is what they used to do (Hûd: 15-16).
Hypocrisy is an act of minor shirk and it suffices that one of its disastrous results is that Allah does not accept a person&"s deeds, even if it appears to be good, but He throws it back at its doer.
Seventh: seeking companionship of those who are sincere. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: &"A man follows the religion of his friend; so each one should consider whom he makes his friend&" (Narrated by at-Tirmidhi).
Ikhlass cannot exist in a person’s heart together with the love of praise and tributes from others, just as fire cannot exist with water.
Eighth: Conealing oneself when worshipping Allah, and performing acts of worship in secret. Allah the Exalted says: &"If you disclose your charitable expenditures, they are good; but if you conceal them and give them to the poor, it is better for you&" (Al-Baqarah: 271).
Ninth: seriously and continuously searching one’s soul at all times. Allah (mighty and majestic is He) says: &" Those who strive for Us - We shall surely guide them to Our ways&" (Al-&"Ankabût: 69).
Contemplate over Allah&"s Words which He uses here: &"…for Us &" !!
Tenth: continuously supplicating Allah and seeking His Face and pleasure. A slave in need of Allah will obtain His mercy and be granted his needs if he continuously knocks on Allah’s door.
Source:ISLAMKINGDOM

1- Knowing other brothers, loving each other for the sake of Allah and strengthening ties of love; without which, perfect faith would not have been easy to achieve. This is because, there is no path to faith and paradise except by loving for the sake of Allah.
2- Freedom from hypocrisy and the hell fire. This is for someone who meets the initiating Takbeer of every Ṣalāt for forty consecutive days. Anas , reported the Messenger of Allah as saying: “Whosoever observes Ṣalāt for Allah for forty days in congregation, catching the first Takbeer, has gained two freedoms, both of which are written for him: freedom from hell and freedom from hypocrisy.” [ Source: Al-Bukhari.]
3- Facilitating the reunion of Muslims and bringing their hearts together in goodness and righteousness.
4- Solidarity among the Muslims and helping one another in issues affecting them.
5- Demonstrating the religious rites and its strength.
6- Unifying the hearts of the Muslims, as in the same row of Ṣalāt there is gathered the White, Black, Arabs, non-Arabs, old, young, rich and the poor, side by side, in a single mosque, behind one imam, at the same time, towards the same direction and with the same intention.
7- Infuriating the enemies of Allah. This is because the Muslims will not cease to be powerful and invulnerable as long as they uphold the observation of congregational Ṣalāt in the mosque.
8- Eradication of misdeeds, and rising in ranks. It was reported on the authority of Abu Hurairah t, who reported that the Messenger of Allah said: “Should I direct you to that by which Allah eradicates sins and raises the levels?” They replied: “Yes, Oh Messenger of Allah.” Then the Prophet said: “Performing ablution when it is disliked, taking many steps to the mosques, and waiting for Ṣalāt one after the other. That is striving in the cause of Allah.” [ Source: Muslim.]
9- Observing Ṣalāt in congregation is better than observing it alone by twenty-seven degrees. On the authority of Abdullah ibn Umar t,, the Messenger of Allah said: “Congregational Ṣalāh is better than that observed alone by twenty-seven degrees.” [ Source: Al-Bukhari.]
- Congregational Prayer (Ṣalāt ) at Home.
It is not advised for any individual or congregation to observe Ṣalāt at home while a mosque is close to them. However if the Mosque is far away, and they did not hear the call to prayer, then there is no sin on them if they observe it in congregation at home.

He used to preach to his father much and forbid him from practicing polytheism, using soft, kind and logical speech: {42. When he said to his father: “O my father! Why do you worship that which hears not, sees not and cannot avail you in anything?”43. “O my father! Verily! There has come to me of knowledge that which came not unto you. So follow me. I will guide you to a Straight Path.”44. “O my father! Worship not Shaitân (Satan). Verily! Shaitân (Satan) has been a rebel against the Most Beneficent (Allâh).”45. “O my father! Verily! I fear lest a torment from the Most Beneficent (Allâh) overtake you.”}[Tafsir Al-Qurtubî] (Maryam:42-45)
Unfortunately, his father’s response was harsh: {He (the father) said: “Do you reject my gods, O Ibrâhim (Abraham)? If you stop not (this), I will indeed stone you. So get away from me safely before I punish you.”{ (Maryam:46)
Abraham’s reply was very polite, compassionate and kind: {47. Ibrâhim (Abraham) said: “Peace be on you! I will ask Forgiveness of my Lord for you. Verily! He is unto me, Ever Most Gracious.” 48. “And I shall turn away from you and from those whom you invoke besides Allâh. And I shall call on my Lord; and I hope that I shall not be unblest in my invocation to my Lord.”}(Maryam:47-48)
Prophet Abraham (pbuh) continued to call his father and his people to Allah and monotheism, and to reject polytheism. His people, however, did not respond to Abraham and his call, and insisted on polytheism. {80. His people disputed with him. He said: “Do you dispute with me concerning Allâh while He has guided me, and I fear not those whom you associate with Allâh in worship. (Nothing can happen to me) except when my Lord (Allâh) wills something. My Lord comprehends in His Knowledge all things. Will you not then remember? 81. And how should I fear those whom you associate in worship with Allâh (though they can neither benefit nor harm)”}(Al-An’âm:80-81)
Again he said to them: {When he said to his father and his people: “What do you worship?”}(Ash-Shu’arâ’:70)
They replied: {71. They said: “We worship idols, and to them we are ever devoted.”}(Ash-Shu’arâ’:70)72
. He said: {“Do they hear you, when you call (on them)?” 73. “Or do they benefit you or do they harm (you)?”}(Ash-Shu’arâ’:72-73)
The response was a stupid one which was not based on any reason or logic, just on pure tradition. They said: {“Nay, but we found our fathers doing so.”}(Ash-Shu’arâ’:74)
He answered them with pure monotheism. using convincing arguments, reason and insight: {75. He said: “Do you observe that which you have been worshipping,76. You and your ancient fathers?77. Verily! They are enemies to me, save the Lord of the ‘Alamîn (mankind, jinns and all that exists);78. Who has created me, and it is He Who guides me;79. And it is He Who feeds me and gives me to drink.80. And when I am ill, it is He who cures me; 81. And Who will cause me to die, and then will bring me to life (again); 82. And Who, I hope will forgive me my faults on the Day of Recompense, (the Day of Resurrection),” 83. “My Lord! Bestow Hukman (religious knowledge, right judgement of the affairs and Prophethood) on me, and join me with the righteous; 84. And grant me an honourable mention in later generations; 85. And make me one of the inheritors of the Paradise of Delight; 86. And forgive my father, verily he is of the erring;”}(Ash-Shu’arâ’:75-86)

The chapters of the Qur’an start with the two names of Allah: ‘The Entirely Merciful’ and ‘The Especially Merciful’, and also mention that Allah has prescribed mercy upon Himself. {your Lord has written Mercy for Himself}(Al-An’âm
And that Allah’s Mercy encompasses all things. .. {and My Mercy embraces all things.}Al-A’râf: 156)
He also encourages people to hope for His Mercy and He warns them against despairing of it. {Say: “O ‘Ibâdî (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allâh, verily Allâh forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.}(Az-Zumar:53)
Allah (Glorified be He) loves mercy. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allah, the Exalted, will continue to stretch out His Hand in the night so that the sinners of the day may repent, and He will continue to stretch out His Hand in the daytime so that the sinners of the night may repent, (and He will continue to do so) until the sun rises from the West.”[Muslim]
The Prophet (pbuh) also told us about our Lord and said: “ When Allah created the creation, He wrote in His book which is placed with Him on His throne: “Verily My Mercy prevails over My Wrath.”[Agreed upon]
He also said: “Allah has divided mercy into one hundred parts. He retained with Himself ninety nine parts, and He sent down to earth one part. Through that one part creatures deal with each other with compassion, so much so that an animal lifts its hoof away from its young in fear of hurting it.”[bukhari]
And Allah sent the Prophet (peace be upon him) as a mercy to all the worlds. {And We have sent you (O Muhammad [sal-Allâhu ‘alayhi wa sallam]) not but as a mercy for the ‘Alamîn (mankind, jinns and all that exists).}(Al-Anbiyâ’:107)
Allah has perfected the Prophet’s character by placing in him the best of morals. He said: {And verily, you (O Muhammad [sal-Allâhu ‘alayhi wa sallam]) are on an exalted standard of character.}(Al-Qalam:4)
And for this reason, one of the most distinguished morals of the Prophet (pbuh) was mercy; as if he was otherwise, people would have dispersed from him. {And by the Mercy of Allâh, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh--hearted, they would have broken away from about you}(Âl-’Imrân:159)
He was compassionate and forbearing, and did not wish any anguish for the people. Allah says: {Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger (Muhammad SAW) from amongst yourselves (i.e. whom you know well). It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty. He (Muhammad SAW) is anxious over you (to be rightly guided, to repent to Allâh, and beg Him to pardon and forgive your sins, in order that you may enter Paradise and be saved from the punishment of the Hell-fire), for the believers (he SAW is) full of pity, kind, and merciful.}(At-Taubah:128)
And for this reason, Islam, which was sent from Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful, and was revealed to the Prophet (pbuh) as a form of mercy for mankind to protect them from the misery of injustice and hatred, from the distress of depression, anxiety and disorder, and from the way of revenge, cruelty, tyranny and despotism, this religion came as a form of mercy for all of the worlds. {And We have sent you (O Muhammad [sal-Allâhu ‘alayhi wa sallam]) not but as a mercy for the ‘Alamîn (mankind, jinns and all that exists).}(Al-Anbiyâ’:107)
Islam was sent to the world as an act of kindness from Allah for Muslims and non-Muslims too. It is a mercy to the obedient, the disobedient, the elderly, the young, the female, the male, the rich and the poor.

“I believe that Islam is a religion that brings peace and tranquility to the soul, and inspires humans with solace, peace of mind and comfort in this life. The spirit of Islam has slipped into my soul and I appreciate the grace of having faith in the divine decree, and also have become indifferent to the physical effects of pleasure and pain.”
Source :ISLAMKINGDOM

The best and most pure of all deeds in the sight of Allah is Iman. Abu Tharr (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that he asked the Prophet (peace be upon him): &"O Messenger of Allah, which deed is the best?&" He replied, &"Having Iman in Allah and fighting in His cause (Jihad)&" (Narrated by Muslim).
Iman is the path that leads to guidance and happiness in this world and the Hereafter. Allah Almighty says: &"So whoever Allah wants to guide - He expands his breast to [contain] Islam&" (Al-An&"âm: 125).
Iman leads the Mu&"min (believer) away from sinning. Allah Almighty says: &"Indeed, those who fear Allah - when an impulse touches them from Satan, they remember [Him] and at once they have insight&" (Al-A&"râf: 201).
Iman is a condition for any deed to be accepted by Allah. Allah says: &"And it was already revealed to you and to those before you that if you should associate [anything] with Allah, your work would surely become worthless and you would surely be among the losers&" (Az-Zumar: 65).
Sincere Iman makes the deed blessed and makes Du&"aa (supplications) be accepted by Allah.

Misrepresentations and distortions of the divine religions
The more people move away from the guidance of the heavens and the message of the prophets, the more misery and darkness prevails. It is for that reason that Allah sent one messenger after another. {Messengers as bearers of good news as well as of warning in order that mankind should have no plea against Allâh after the (coming of) Messengers. And Allâh is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise.}(An-Nisâ’:165)
And Allah will never punish a people to whom He sent no messenger. {And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)}(Al-Isrâ’:15).

George Sarton
A Lecturer in the Universities of Washington and Harvard
A significant event
“There is an event whose results regarding the history of humanity are the most fertile, namely the advent of Islam.”
After Prophet Jesus (pbuh) was sent to mankind and then raised to the heavens above by Allah, humanity suffered from ignorance, injustice and darkness; for monotheistic religions were exposed to misrepresentations and were distorted by falsifiers, who replaced pure monotheism with idolatry and polytheism. They transgressed against Allah Almighty, told lies about Him and insulted the Divine Self. There was no difference between the people of the book and the people of idols concerning their worship and their lives. The light of monotheism, therefore, disappeared under this colossal heap of polytheism and atheism, which made alterations to and forged the word of Almighty Allah. Those who were given the book threw away its covenants and the word of Allah behind their backs, and did not give them even the time of day. They also concealed the truth, spread falsehood and ventured against the prohibitions of Allah. They were heedless of the rights due to Him and the rights of others. In exchange for such concealment they obtained pathetic lofty positions and despicable money, all at a high cost, i.e. the damnation of their souls. This was the case with their superiors who followed their desires and who favored their whims over the truth. Consequently, bloody wars ensued, tyranny appeared and humanity lived in complete, gloomy darkness, which blackened the hearts due to the darkness of disbelief and ignorance, sullied ethics, defiled honor and violated rights. Corruption appeared both in the land and at sea! Any wise man who ponders about the situation would realize that, at this juncture, humanity was dying and would be on the verge of its demise unless Allah made it right by sending a great reformer. This reformer would carry the torch of prophet-hood, and the rays of guidance to illuminate the way for humanity, and guide it to the straight path.

He is Allah, Al-Hameed (the Praiseworthy One, the One Worthy of All Praise)
He is praiseworthy in His Essence and in His actions, and He is praiseworthy in His Attributes and His Words. There is no one who is praiseworthy in this universe like Allah the Exalted. To Him belongs the perfect praise.
&"Al-Hameed&" (the Praisworthy One, the One Worthy of All Praise)

He is praiseworthy in His Essence, Names, Attributes and Actions. To Him Belongs the Most Beautiful Names, the Most Perfect Attributes, and the Most Complete and Best Actions.

Allah, to You alone belongs all the praise for revealing Your Book, making us aware of Your Glory, and sending to us Your Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him).
He is Allah, Al-Hameed (the Praisworthy One, the One Worthy of All Praise)...
·
Source: Islamkingdom

He is Allah, Al-Wadoud (the Most Loving)… &"And He is the Forgiving, the Affectionate (Most Loving)&" (Al-Burûj: 14).

He is Allah, Al- Wadoud (the Most Loving) towards His slaves. He loves them, draws them close to Him, makes them pleased and is pleased with them. &"a people He will love and who will love Him&" (Al-Mâ&"idah: 54).
Allah, Al-Wadoud (the Most Loving), loves His prophets and His messengers and their followers, and they love Him. They love Him more than anything else, and that love completely envelopes their hearts. Their tongues insistently mention Him and their hearts are drawn to Him with love, sincerity and repentance.

Allah makes the people love His servants so that they will love and accept them.
Al-Wadoud (the Most Loving)

He is near His slaves and loves them, and loves all that is beneficial for them.

His slaves love Him and long to meet Him. The Hadeeth below states: &"He who loves to meet Allah, Allah loves to meet him; and he who dislikes to meet Allah, Allah abhors to meet him&" (Narrated by al-Bukhari).

He commands His slaves to purify their hearts from hatred and envy, to wash away the dirt of hatred from themselves with the water of love and kindness, and to extinguish the fire of envy with the ice of this love and kindness.
He is Allah, Al-Wadoud (the Most Loving):

Soursce: Islamkingdom