Maniac Muslim Forums

If an individual is in dire need of religion, then certainly the need of the society for religion is even greater and stronger. Religion is the protective shield of the community, because human life cannot exist except through the cooperation among its members for its betterment: {Help you one another in Al¬Birr and At-Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression.}(Al-Mâ’idah:2)
This cooperation cannot exist except through a system that regulates their relationships, defines their duties, and ensures their rights.This system could only come from the most Kind, the All-Aware, the All-Knowing of what humans need:

{Should not He Who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous (to His slaves) All-Aware (of everything).}

(Al-Mulk:14)The more humanity deviates from religion and Allah’s laws and systems, the more it disappears and sinks into the darkness of doubt, misguidance, the feeling of being lost, confusion, misery and unhappiness.
source:islamkingdom

Salat to seek rain is an emphatic Sunnah. This was performed by the Prophet ﷺ as reported in the hadeeth of Abdullah bn Zaid t,: “The Prophet ﷺ went to the praying ground to seek rain. He faced the Qiblah, turned his cloak inside out, and prayed two raka’at.”[ Agreed upon.]

The Time to Observe Salatul-Istisqa

Salatul-Istisqa is permissible when there is a drought and sparse rainfall, or the level of water in the streams and well is low, or due to the river drying up etc. It is recommended (to observe the Salat) after the sun rises and has ascended up to the length of a spear; which is about 20 mins after sunrise, which is the time of Salatul-‘Eid (the Salat observed during the two festivals).Where to Observe Salatul Istisqa

The Sunnah is for it to be observed on the praying ground and not inside the mosque, in accordance with the Prophet’s ﷺ manner, except when there is need to do otherwise.

1- It is impermissible to fast on the two days of Eid; Abu Hurayrah t narrated that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ forbade fasting on two days: Day of Adha and day of Fitr.2- It is impermissible to fast the ayyamut- tashreeq, which are the three days after the day of Eidul-Adha [11th, 12th, and 13th of Dhu’l Hijjah]. The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said,

“The days of tashreeq are days of eating and drinking,”

[ Source: Muslim.]but one performing Hajj may fast these days if he is doing qiraan or tamattu’ Hajj and cannot find a sacrificial animal, as is explained by the Qur’an in Ayah 196 of suratul Baqarah:

“Then if you are in safety and whosoever performs the ‘Umrah in the months of Hajj, before (performing) the Hajj (i.e. Hajj-at-Tamattu’ and Al-Qiran), he must slaughter a Hady (animal, i.e. a sheep, a cow, or a camel, etc.) such as he can afford, but if he cannot afford it, he should observe Saum (fasts) for three days during the Hajj and seven days after his return (to his home), making ten days in all.”

3- It is impermissible to Fast on the yawmul- shak (day of doubt), which is the day that one doubts whether it is the last of Sha’ban or the first of Ramadhan, when there is cloud or fog that prevents the sighting of the crescent. Ammar, t said:

“Whoever fasts the day of doubt has disobeyed Abul Qasim (Muhammad, ﷺ).”

[ Source: Tirmidhi.]Second: Abominable acts of fasting

1- It is makrooh (disliked) to single out Rajab for fasting, because this was a practice of Jahiliyyah (pre-Islamic time of ignorance) for they used to venerate that month and by fasting it, it would be a revival of their practices.2- It is makrooh to single out Friday for fasting, for the Prophet forbade us to do so. Abu Hurayrah t narrated that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said:

“No one of you should fast on Friday, unless he fasts (a day) before it or after.”

[ Source: Muslim.] If this, however, agrees with something he usually does, then it is not makrooh.3- Wisal, which is fasting uninterruptedly day after day without a break in between, is makrooh. The Prophet forbade wisal as Abdullah bin Omar t said that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ forbade Wisal. They (some of the Companions) said: “But you fast uninterruptedly,” whereupon he said:

“I am not like you. I am fed and supplied drink (by Allah).”

[ Agreed upon.]

Atheism is a sickness in the mind, a defect in the thinking, resulting in misguidance of the heart and making one feel lost in one’s life.1-It protects them from confusion and doubt: how could a person be confused or in doubt when he knows that he has a Lord Who is the Lord of all things; Who created him and fashioned him, Who was generous and bountiful towards him, and made him His viceroy on earth? Allah made everything in the heavens and on earth subservient to man and bestowed upon him blessings, both those that are visible and those that are not visible. Man feels safe with his Lord and finds refuge in His company. He knows that life is short and mixed with good and bad, justice and injustice, pleasure and pain, happiness and unhappinessIman is the vessel to safety.source:islamkingdom

1- To establish piety by submitting to the commandments of Allah and responding by willingly complying to His rulings. Allah Almighty says:

“So that you may gain piety”

(Al- Baqarah: 183).

2- To train the soul to be patient and to empower the mind over its whims.

3- To inculcate in every individual righteousness and compassion towards the needy and the less privileged, as when he feels hunger his mind would be softened, making him milder when assisting the less privileged.

4- To ease the body’s system of its copious tasks and thus ensure a good and healthy bodily function
source: islamkingdom

Assalam alaikum,

There are so many books about the Life of The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) but they are all in some ways different to each other.

This thread is dedicated to those books and to discussing which books are good for what purposes and also providing people with a list of Seerah books.

Currently I know of these and have read most them (Although a long time ago):

Barnaby Rogerson: The Prophet Muhammad - A Biography (2003)

Karen Armstrong: Muhammad - A Biography of The Prophet (1991)

Safiur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri - The Sealed Nectar - Al Raheequl - Makhtum - Biography of The Noble Prophet (SAW) (2002)

Martin Lings - Muhammad (1983)

Aisha Abdarrahman Bewley (Translator) Muhammad - Messenger of Allah (Ash-Shifa of Qadi 'Iyad - Healing by the recognition of the Rights of the Chosen One) (2006)

Allam Abdul Mustafa Azmi - Translated by Maulana Omar Dawood Qadri - Muhammad (SAW) The Prophet of Islam (2004, 2nd ed 2009)

Tariq Ramadan - In the Footsteps of The Prophet (SAW) (2006)

Sirat Ibn Hisham - Biography of The Prophet (SAW)

Dr Ahmad Zidan - The Battles of The Prophet (SAW) (1997)

If anyone has any links to online versions of Seerah books then please post them here. JazakAllah Khair.

read the history of the messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him ) in ; http://en.islamkingdom.com/Know-about-Islam/The-Path-to-Happiness/Messengers-and-Prophets/The-history-of-the-messengers-Muhammed

All the Names and Attributes of Allah are praiseworthy. Allah describes them all as husna (the most beautiful). Allah says: &"To Allah belong the Most Beautiful Names, so invoke Him by them; and leave (the company of) those who practice deviation concerning His Names. They will be recompensed for what they have been doing&" (Al-A&"râf: 180).They are not the Most Beautiful Names just because of the words themselves, but because they indicate His most Perfect Attributes. All Allah&"s Names are praiseworthy, laudable, meritable and deserve to be glorified, and that is the reason why they are the Most Beautiful Names. His Attributes are the Most Perfect, all His Descriptions are the Most Glorified, and all His Actions are carried out in complete wisdom, mercy, and justice.
source: Islamkingdom

Prophet Abraham was indeed a monotheistic prophet and this was manifested in all his conduct. Allah, therefore, says the following when describing him:

{Verily, Ibrâhim (Abraham) was an Ummah (a leader having all the good righteous qualities), or a nation, obedient to Allah, Hanifa (i.e. to worship none but Allâh), and he was not one of those who were Al-Mushrikûn (polytheists, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh, and those who joined partners with Allâh).}

(An-Nahl:120)He (pbuh) grew up among polytheists. Even his father was one of the idolaters, and carved and served the idols. Abraham argued with his father and people:

{And (remember) when Ibrâhim (Abraham) said to his father Azar: “Do you take idols as âlihâ (gods)? Verily, I see you and your people in manifest error.”}

(Al-An’âm:74)With compelling arguments he firmly rejected their polytheistic ways. He looked at Allah’s ever so apparent signs.

{“When the night covered him over with darkness he saw a star. He said: “This is my lord.” But when it set,”}

(Al-An’âm:76)That is: he saw how it set.

{76. he said: “I like not those that set.” 77. When he saw the moon rising up,}

(Al-An’âm:76-77)That is: appearing in the horizon, and he saw that some people worshipped it. he said:

{“This is my lord.”}

(Al-An’âm:77)Condemning their actions, astonished by their worship!! Taking the opportunity, he said:

{But when it set}

(Al-An’âm:77)That is: disappeared below the horizon. He went to the people and said:

{77. He said: “Unless my Lord guides me, I shall surely be among the erring people.”78. When he saw the sun rising up}

(Al-An’âm:77-78)He saw how the people were worshipping it. He said:

{“This is my lord. This is greater.”}

(Al-An’âm:78)Condemning their actions!! Astonished at how they made a god out of the sun?!

{But when it set}

(Al-An’âm:78)and subsequently disappeared from sight. He went to those who were worshipping it and said to them:

{78. O my people! I am indeed free from all that you join as partners in worship with Allâh. 79. Verily, I have turned my face towards Him Who has created the heavens and the earth Hanifa (Islâmic Monotheism, i.e. worshipping none but Allâh Alone) and I am not of Al-Mushrikûn (see V.2:105)”.}

(Al-An’âm:78-79)

1- On the authority of Sa’ d bin Abi Waqqas t who said that the Messenger of Allah ﷺ said, Madinah is better for them if they knew; nobody leaves preferring another place to it except that Allah replaces him with someone better than him. And nobody perseveres with its hard times[ Al-La’waa: Hardship and constraints] and difficulties except that I shall be for him on the day of Resurrection an intercessor or a witness.” [ Source: Muslim.]

2- On the authority of Abu Hurayrah t: Indeed the Prophet ﷺ said: “I have been ordered to go to a village[ Ordered to go to a village: to migrate to it, stay and live therein.] that eats up other villages[ Eats up villages: Its people are conquerors of other places and it will be the centre of the troops of Islam.], which people call Yathrib[ People call it Yathrib: It was called Yathrib by its people during the Jahiliyah period, but it is more suitable to call it Al–Madinah.] and it is Madinah; it expels bad men[ It expels people: i.e. it removes the evil ones among them.] as bellows[ Bellows: that which the blacksmiths blow their fire with.] remove dirt from iron[ Iron dirt: Its dirt and other impurities.].” [ Agreed upon.]

source:islamkingdomhttp://en.islamkingdom.com/

The person who withholds Zakah is the one who withholds Zakah either by denying its obligation[ Denying: i.e. by refuting its obligation] or by being stingy:

1- A person withholding Zakah through denial

Anybody who denies the obligation of Zakah has disbelieved in the totality of Islam according to the consensus of the Ummah, if he has been informed about its obligation: this is because he/she has belied Allah and His Messenger.

2- A person withholding Zakah through stinginess

Who withholds his Zakah due to stinginess, but not due to a denial of its obligation, Zakah should be taken from him by force, and he is not considered as having become an unbeliever, although he has committed one of the great sins and a tremendous (very grave) act. This is in accordance with the Prophet’s statement ﷺ concerning the person withholding Zakah: “Every owner of either gold or silver who does not pay his due will be called to account on the Day of Ressurection and plates of fire will be prepared for him. These plates are then heated over the raging flames of Hell Fire (Jahannam)...., whenever they become cold, the process is repeated all over again. This happens on a day that measures fifty thousand (50,000) years, until all the servants have been judged. Afterward, he will be shown his fate – either Heaven or Hell.” [ Source: Muslim]

Furthermore while still alive, if one refuses point blank to pay Zakah, he has to be fought until he succumbs to the order of Allah Almighty and pays Zakah. Allah Almighty says: “However if they repent and perform as-Salat and give Zakah, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (At-Taubah: 5)

The Prophet ﷺ said: “ I have been ordered to wage war against men until they bear witness that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and observe as-Salat, and pay Zakah; when they have done these, then their blood and property are safe from me (i.e. not to be touched), except if the right of Islam is at stake, and their judgment lies only with Allah.”[ Agreed Upon]

Abu Bakr indeed waged war against those who withheld Zakah, saying: “By Allah, I would definitely fight against him who makes a difference between prayer and Zakat, for it is the obligation upon the rich; and by Allah, if they were to withhold a camel-cord which they used to pay (as Zakah) to the Messenger of Allah ﷺ, I will fight them for withholding it.” [ Source: Muslim]

A person who cannot perform Hajj or ‘Umrah as a result of old age, permanent illness, or some weakness in his body due to which he cannot make the journey, should have somebody perform Hajj and ‘Umrah on his behalf, and this is valid for him even if he regains his health after his representative had already entered into the state of Ihram for Hajj or ‘Umrah. On the authority of al-Fadl Ibn ‘Abbas t: A woman from al-Khath’am said,

“O Messenger of Allah, the obligation from Allah to perform Hajj came upon my father while he is very old and incapable of riding a camel.”

The Prophet ﷺ said:

“Perform Hajj on his behalf.”

[ Source: At-Tirmidhi.]There are numerous conditions stipulated for the person performing Hajj on behalf of another:1- He must have met the aforementioned conditions of Hajj.2- He must have first performed Hajj for himself. When a person performs Hajj on behalf of another, but has not performed it for himself, such a Hajj on behalf of another person is not valid; thus the Hajj he performed for the other person then becomes for him, and it is considered as a valid Hajj for him in Islam. Evidence for this is what was confirmed on the authority of Ibn ‘Abbas t: The Prophet ﷺ heard a man saying;

“Labbayka on behalf of Shubruma,” the Prophet ﷺ asked: “Who is Shubruma?” He replied: “A brother or a relative of mine.” The Prophet then asked: “Have you performed Hajj for yourself?” He replied: “No.” So the Prophet ﷺ said: “Perform Hajj for yourself, then perform (Hajj) on behalf of Shubruma.”

[ Source: Abu Dawud.]
Source: islamkingdom

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

&"Islam is built on five (pillars): The testimony that there is none worthy of worship but Allah, establishing Salah, giving Zakah, Hajj, and fasting Ramadan&"

(Narrated by Al-Bukhari)&"La ilaha illallah&" for its sake Allah beautified Jannah and He created Jahanem, and for its sake the scale of good and evil deeds will be set up.Furthermore he (peace be upon him) said:

&"The best of what I and the Prophet before me have said is: &"None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, Alone. He has no partner, to Him belongs all that exists, and to Him belongs the Praise, and He is over all things (in His power).&" (La ilaha illallah, wahdahu la sharika Lahu, Lahul-Mulku wa Lahul-Hamdu, wa Huwa ala kulli shai’in qadir)’”

(Narrated by At-Tirmidthi)He (peace be upon him) also said:

“When prophet Nuh was dying, he told his son: ‘I will give you some instructions. I will command you to do two things and I will forbid you from doing two things. I command you to say: “There is no god but Allah.” If the seven heavens and the seven earths were a dark ring, they would be broken to pieces by this phrase: &"There is no god but Allah&"&"

(Narrated by Al-Bukhari in “Al-Adab Al-Mufrad”)

&"He is Allah, Ar-Rahman (the Most Gracious), Ar-Raheem (the Most Merciful).&"He has ordained for Himself to be All-Merciful. His Mercy prevails over His Wrath. His Mercy envelops everything….

&"Indeed, the mercy of Allah is near to the doers of good&"

(Al-A&"râf: 56).&"Ar-Rahman (the Most Gracious), Ar-Raheem (the Most Merciful), Al-Barr (the Gracious Benefactor), Al-Kareem (the Generous One), Aj-Jawad (the Magnanimous), Ar-Ra&"ouf (the Compassionate), Al-Wahab (the Bestower)&": All of these names have a similar meaning, for they all indicate Allah&"s Attributes of Mercy, Benevolence, Generosity and Magnanimity. They also indicate the vastness of His Mercy which encompasses the entire existence according to the requirements of His Wisdom. Allah grants the greater share of this Mercy to the Mu&"meneen. He the Exalted says: &"But My mercy encompasses all things. So I will decree it (especially) for those who fear Me&" (Al-A&"râf: 156). The blessings and favours granted to us by Allah are all proofs of His Mercy, Generosity and Magnanimity. In fact all forms of good in this world and in the Hereafter are signs of His Mercy.&"He is Allah, Ar-Rahman (the Most Gracious), Ar-Raheem (the Most Merciful).&"

He is more Merciful to us than even our own mothers. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said the following pointing to a woman who was sitting and breastfeeding her baby:

&"Do you think that this lady can throw her son into the fire?&" We replied: &"No, if she has the power not to throw him (into the fire).&" The Prophet then said: &"Allah is more merciful to His slaves than this lady is to her son&"

(Narrated by al-Bukhari).