Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
white-rose

What Does MM Mean To You?

We've had a few old members return after quite a while, myself included, so I thought it would be nice to get everyone (old and new) to share what MM means to them.

I discovered the forums through Hamzah's articles website and decided to join because the people seemed so nice and laid-back. I do believe joining MM was one of the best decisions I had made because of all the wonderful people I've met, the amount of knowledge I've learnt through these people and wonderful sense of community this forum has been which is why I believe old members still come back. I'm still in touch with a lot of members outside of MM and have met with many as well. This forum has really been an interesting place!

So tell us about your story. What has your experience been like and what made you stay/brought you back?

Oh definitely. I've learnt a lot on different Islamic topics through my time here on MM and the initiative so many members took of inspiring sunnah fasts, memorisation of Surahs, etc has really helped keep me motivated. People here have a lot of knowledge and there's a lot to gain even by going over old threads. It's pretty incredible. Even though the forums are empty, I'm still learning.

I remember being interested to join MM especially because of the Super Science and Nerd Alert sections. :P

But of course, that was not the only reason for liking this forum. I also liked the environment, the members, the friendliness between members, Hamzah's humorous articles, and the potential for learning as well as sharing. In the past eight years, I've been to several other forums to advance my knowledge of other religions and ways of thinking. But I always felt slightly restrictive in those other places compared to how feel being in this forum. So MM, to me, is still the best forum. This is the place where I can be creative, debate, share ideas, and express my beliefs without feeling any discomfort. And all the regular members that I know here are very nice, interesting, and intelligent, alhamdullillah. These are the reasons that I return to this forum.

:wub:

I have been here before left, got banned even lol..I still came back. Place has some weird connection.

Banned huh? Interesting... Now my moderator curiosity has been piqued. :P

Nice to know that even bans can't keep MMers away. :P

Banned huh? Interesting... Now my moderator curiosity has been piqued. :P

Nice to know that even bans can't keep MMers away. :P

You and oxy were probably only ones I use to talk to back then. I can give you a clue but you should promise not to block me again.

good for procrastination

made some friends on here i have most of you on fb

ive learned some islamic stuff on here too

gotten some advice

chat was good times

i can't remember any of the arcade games but i think i may have played

i was gone for several months, from ramadan til i don't know when. i just got really busy with some stuff. i don't know why i came back lol. maybe i am addicted.