Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
white-rose

What Does MM Mean To You?

I like MM because ppl are funny and immature like me. And I like a lot of the personalities on here.

God is the guider of hearts but MM has definitely been a medium through which I've stayed on track & connected.

I don't even understand how though. 99% of the convos are barely religious.

I guess it's good though bc thats the way it is for a lot of born-Muslims - we don't think about religion, it's just kinda there in references and stuff I guess.

I don't even understand how though. 99% of the convos are barely religious.

I guess it's good though bc thats the way it is for a lot of born-Muslims - we don't think about religion, it's just kinda there in references and stuff I guess.

The religious aspect is the least helpful part of MM for me. If I want to learn, I can go to a halaqa, go to a mosque, read a book, watch a lecture, or whatever. But it's nice to have social connections with Muslims; it helps it become part of your identity, as opposed to something that is otherwise just a complete personal practice. Now i have Muslim friends in real life too, but sometimes I get distant or loner, and MM is sort of a constant. MM and my Indonesian stalker.

The religious aspect is the least helpful part of MM for me. If I want to learn, I can go to a halaqa, go to a mosque, read a book, watch a lecture, or whatever. But it's nice to have social connections with Muslims; it helps it become part of your identity, as opposed to something that is otherwise just a complete personal practice. Now i have Muslim friends in real life too, but sometimes I get distant or loner, and MM is sort of a constant. MM and my Indonesian stalker.

*dont ask dont ask dont ask dont ask*

I think what shows here is not the dogma of our faith, but it's intent. Except for very few, we barely know each other, yet we attempt to be kind and fair and enjoy each others company.

I came on here to escape a more strict forum I was on. I thought MM looked chill and I was right. For the most part people on here don't judge and they are friendly and welcoming. I've made many friends, some I now know in real life. I wish I could meet more but some of you are in other countries and its too difficult! (oxy is the main one, I think me and oxy could chill). It was also a respite from all the crap I was experiencing at home. I felt so suffocated and coming on MM was a welcome break. I was very addicted in the early days then it tailed off. I came back earlier this year because I missed it, even though in some ways its quieter. We should all get back on chat one day and go crazy lol.

O YA i forgot i made some real life friends. that too. that's cool.

well i don't really see them often. you know those friends who you see like once a year but it's still chill and you just pick up where you left off? it's kinda like that.

I have one friend in real life. But she's more of a campus friend. She doesn't invite me anywhere :( My only other friend moved to the other end of the country. I think there is a message in there :(

O YA i forgot i made some real life friends. that too. that's cool.

well i don't really see them often. you know those friends who you see like once a year but it's still chill and you just pick up where you left off? it's kinda like that.

Lol yeh its kinda like that but we keep in touch via messaging when we don't see each other irl. Hazera I've met up with twice, Enigma about 3 times but she's disappeared, can't get in touch with her anymore. I also met Keena, Sporty Muslimah (no longer posting I don't think) Salina and Lupin.

Couldn't get Mowgli to meet up in Manchester cos he's an awkward little boy lol.

Well MM is the sole reason my husband could casually tell his friends "I have to go with my wife to the airport to pick up some Jewish guy she met online" with a serious face. What's not to love?

MM to me is like the monkey bars for Yusra- a place that she could hang and watch the world go by while straightening out her aching spine and feeling the ground is not too far from her feet :wub:

I think what shows here is not the dogma of our faith, but it's intent. Except for very few, we barely know each other, yet we attempt to be kind and fair and enjoy each others company.

Speak for yourself punk, I can't stand you!