Maniac Muslim Forums
Mufasa

Why Iz We Here On MM?

I used to think MM was on its deathbed, but it seems like we have a pretty committed core that will stick around, at least for the time being. So while it's definitely slowed, it hasn't died. We've had threads like this in the past, but I feel like the situation has changed, due to what seems like an unprecedented level of low activity. There aren't many active threads left, no new members, very few status updates. So why do you/we continue to visit?

"We've had threads like this in the past, but I feel like the situation has changed, due to what seems like an unprecedented level of low activity."

It was pretty dead then. But it's deader now. So it begs to question -- beyond 'what MM means to you' -- why do you bother to visit a site that rarely has updates?

Fair enough.

One explanation could be, maybe there is some strange, unknown, inward feeling that there is going to be something good or worthwhile to see on MM, no matter how dead it is. That's why we keep returning. That's one of my reasons, at least.

I used to think MM was on its deathbed, but it seems like we have a pretty committed core that will stick around, at least for the time being. So while it's definitely slowed, it hasn't died. We've had threads like this in the past, but I feel like the situation has changed, due to what seems like an unprecedented level of low activity. There aren't many active threads left, no new members, very few status updates. So why do you/we continue to visit?

MM activity is proportional to drama you encounter and post

This is interesting, because it means that a constant amount of people don't abandon an online community each year, but perhaps it is a constant percentage. So if MM had a half life of a year this would look like 50 in the first year, 25 the next, then 12 after that, then 6, then 3 the year after and so on. I could publish a sociology article on this or something and become famous.

If you notice even the core members are leaving. Where's WR, Cubster isn't that active, Hamzah left, freelancer went, MC's gone too.

becos u r masokkkhist for getting owned.

I wonder if that guy really ever left. Like both from here and metaphorically speaking.

As of today I am a member, salam and mabruk.

Welcome! Please introduce yourself.

We hope you stick around.

For me I think it's for the purpose of staying in touch with people that aren't coworkers. Outside of work I meet up with friends every once in a while. I guess it's just my need for a 'social' life. Even though it's inactive here, I still know there's people around.