Maniac Muslim Forums
Mufasa

Why Iz We Here On MM?

I just love MM. We have great threads here and some great people. I visit MM a lot, even though I don't usually post. I visit old threads, read through new ones that seem interesting and usually ask for advice here because most of the thoughts and questions running through my mind are too 'unimportant/silly' for people in real life so I don't get much answers for them. Even if MM thinks the questions are stupid, it doesn't really matter because I do get some sort of basic answer from here. Mostly. And I just really like the sisters' section, we have great threads and it's always good to catch up.

When did Hamzah leave? :huh: Isn't he still admin?

When did Hamzah leave? :huh: Isn't he still admin?

Where have you been the last 4 years?? :o

I feel like I've moved around a lot in recent years. In the last 6 years, I've lived 6 places (for varying amounts of time). I think there's something important about maintaining constants in one's life. Maybe it gives us a sense of 'home' wherever we be.

There are very few things I carry with me just about everywhere I've gone: myself, my family via phone, my faith, some material things, a friend or two who I keep in touch with, and then there's MM. So y'all are actually some of my only pretty consistent and reliable friends, even if I meet new people along the way.

It's just interesting that we've spent lots of time exchanging thoughts with one another. We're mostly all very different; I've met many of you, and though I've liked everyone and there are a few people I've really clicked with, I don't think many of us would naturally be friends were we to meet under usual circumstances.

I'm about to sound like a real old person here (21st century version of old), but there's definitely something nice to a forum -- which encourages real thought exchange and virtual community building -- rather than something like Reddit which is just so massive and impersonal, or Facebook or Twitter or Instagram, which have major vanity elements to them.

Despite my appreciation for MM, and my care for the people I've met through here, I'm glad I don't spend much time on here anymore, as I did when I was a bit younger. Some day, the ship will have to sink. But I've met a lot of people through here, and that's pretty cool.

Meta threads from the past (i.e. MM threads about MM/MM'ers) make me very nostalgic; I just skimmed a few. I do wonder what happened to some of those people, what they're doing now, and I wish them well.

I feel like I've moved around a lot in recent years. In the last 6 years, I've lived 6 places (for varying amounts of time). I think there's something important about maintaining constants in one's life. Maybe it gives us a sense of 'home' wherever we be.

There are very few things I carry with me just about everywhere I've gone: myself, my family via phone, my faith, some material things, a friend or two who I keep in touch with, and then there's MM. So y'all are actually some of my only pretty consistent and reliable friends, even if I meet new people along the way.

It's just interesting that we've spent lots of time exchanging thoughts with one another. We're mostly all very different; I've met many of you, and though I've liked everyone and there are a few people I've really clicked with, I don't think many of us would naturally be friends were we to meet under usual circumstances.

I'm about to sound like a real old person here (21st century version of old), but there's definitely something nice to a forum -- which encourages real thought exchange and virtual community building -- rather than something like Reddit which is just so massive and impersonal, or Facebook or Twitter or Instagram, which have major vanity elements to them.

You promised to come to Vegas but then you visited Zimarina. DEAD TO ME.

You promised to come to Vegas but then you visited Zimarina. DEAD TO ME.

:P

Where have you been the last 4 years?? :o

I really don't remember when Hamzah left :o

I currently have to deal with the real world and work is insanely hectic with an even bigger work load atm and coupled with the PhD I have little time. I'll most likely be more active in the new year when I start my new job inshaAllah. So I don't have much time to come online, except when I mindlessly browse FB.

I currently have to deal with the real world and work is insanely hectic with an even bigger work load atm and coupled with the PhD I have little time. I'll most likely be more active in the new year when I start my new job inshaAllah. So I don't have much time to come online, except when I mindlessly browse FB.

Real world = cubster's van. got it.

Coz I miss you dorks if I go too long without checking in on you! Also because Shaver would be legit heartbroken. Also because Hakpooh would have noone to pull him up on his perpetual grump-ing. Moose would have noone to ask him questions they regret asking and SW would have noone to do her constipated smile at.

I'm not on any other social media platforms (ain't nobody got time for that ting)- so you guys are my cosy online cove of random personalities i have much affection for.

BTW I DISAGREE if we met via any other media we probably wouldn't be friends! Back when I was a normal person (pre-2012) I had the strangest, most "eclectic" circle of personalities who I could happily converse and chill with. Lots of chemistry to be had with lots of people. (Except "brothers". Then they fall in love with you and things aren't so pretty anymore.)

Coz I miss you dorks if I go too long without checking in on you! Also because Shaver would be legit heartbroken. Also because Hakpooh would have noone to pull him up on his perpetual grump-ing. Moose would have noone to ask him questions they regret asking and SW would have noone to do her constipated smile at.

I'm not on any other social media platforms (ain't nobody got time for that ting)- so you guys are my cosy online cove of random personalities i have much affection for.

BTW I DISAGREE if we met via any other media we probably wouldn't be friends! Back when I was a normal person (pre-2012) I had the strangest, most "eclectic" circle of personalities who I could happily converse and chill with. Lots of chemistry to be had with lots of people. (Except "brothers". Then they fall in love with you and things aren't so pretty anymore.)

You mean cuz the book that inevitably follows? To be fair, I looked back, and I used to write much longer posts.

And yeah, my friends might be "eclectic," but for ex, some people on here I might be intimidated by in real life or something hah. I just think there are varying degrees of having a 'natural connection' with someone, and it can be kinda rare.

I randomly remember to come on here and just get an update on how everyone is doing. I think I log in around 2-3 times a month? I'm glad some of the ''core'' group have remained. :D I love to like Musa's ridiculous posts.