Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
abdulmajeed31

Advantages of Converting to Islam for Marriage

The basic intention of the conversion might be in the marriage, however with time, the pure light of hidayah that fills up your heart and soul will make you piously happy and spiritually healthy. You’ll feel the negativities flushing out of your mind and soul and even from your life.

While you convert to Islam to forming a marital relationship, there is another relationship created which is between you and Almight Allah. The feeling of getting direct contact with the Almighty is something you’ve never experienced.

Read More: Covert to Islam

With all due respect this is BS, no one should convert just to get married. You only convert if you believe and want to live your life according to that religion. You don't outwardly 'convert' just to tick a box on your nikah form.

There is no rationale behind 'the pure light of hidayah that fills up your heart and soul will make you piously happy and spiritually healthy. You’ll feel the negativities flushing out of your mind and soul and even from your life' it's nothing more than preachy bosh, there is no guarantee this will happen. Your relationship with Allah is only formed if you want it to, it's not an accident waiting to happen if you just happen to marry a Muslim.

Also, last few apostasy from reverts I have known have immediately followed the breakdown of a marriage. So it's leave your Muslim husband goes hand in hand with leave the religion you co-opted for him.

Relationships with the opposite sex have regularly played a major role in many of the cases of those leaving Islam- it being the catalyst in plenty of cases. But I guess that's for another thread.

Sorry, but there is more and more wrong with this every time I read it lol

The basic intention of the conversion might be in the marriage

First hadith in Bukhari's collection? All actions are (judged) by their intentions.

One of the conditions of shahadah? Ikhlas.

if you actually go and read their article you'll notice their true intention behind the post and the article.

You can also start your blissful married life by opting for Umrah rather than going for a honeymoon destination. A spiritual journey of Young Couple Umrah can surely help you get close to Islam.

Yeah the umrah thing was in his sig too, figured it out a while ago like a G. Did you snip it?

Ban this guy man, and the other one who keeps opening random threads on 'islamic topics' but doesn't come back for a discussion.

I kind of have mixed feelings on this. People convert for all sorts of reasons, actual theology being a rare one, and many do end up genuinely accepting the religion. But I'd probably be wary of marrying someone who isn't converting out of her own personal beliefs.

^ but why would you say 'I believe in God' if you don't? You either believe in his existence or you don't.

Secondly, why would say 'and i believe Mohammed pbuh is the final messenger' if you don't believe that God is real/God sent him down to spread a message/message=islam and all that is the truth.

Its so absurd to claim to believe in things if you don't. Who are you lying to?

I certainly dont think a hardcore atheist should go against his or her core beliefs in saying it. It cant be hollow. But I do think plenty of people decide theyre willing to head on a path of trying to learn and understand more, and can choose that they WANT to believe.

I'd actually argue lots of converts who are fully accepted - say, those who see in it a social justice message - choose that they WANT to believe and so go in willfully malleable and accepting. Such is often the case of converts for love - they intentionally open up and throw themselves in.

I've met many who are very active and passionate (even willing to live in Muslim majority countries) and fit this category. Might they leave if they divorce? Some do, some don't.

Also, determining intention (even for the individual involved) is very difficult. Few people know WHY they believe, and loving someone who is, for ex, Muslim, increases your chances of willfully 'believing' or being open to the idea of believing.