Maniac Muslim Forums
superman

Getting on a bit

Alhamdulillah , I think I joined when I was around 18 or so? anyhow crazy how life has turned out. Highlights being graduating with a decent result and visiting Al Aqsa twice :). Alhamdulillah for everything.

This is a bit vague, satisfaction by which measure - personal development, life goals, financial, career etc?

This is a bit vague, satisfaction by which measure - personal development, life goals, financial, career etc?

umm... I guess all of those lol. I just mean how satisfied are you overall.

But it depends on you. If career satisfaction isn't important to you then it wouldn't really count on reflection I guess.

I joined MM when I was 17. I was supposed to be married at 22. 2 kids by 25.

I'm 25 now. None of those thing have happened. But I'm not disappointed and I don't feel like a failure. I'm happy where I am in terms of marriage and kids. No one's life is ideal.

I was also supposed to have a masters degree by now but that won't be happening for several years if at all.

I'm just chugging along doing my thing and it seems to be going okay. I don't know if that sounds sad lol but I don't have any grand expectations from life.

Married at 22 was that your personal goal?

Personally, I don't want to be married until two or three years after I've graduated and have been working. Want to enjoy my single life for a bit - save up, get a house, travel, bikes, etc.

I believe we naturally tend to focus on the negatives more than the positives in our lives.

I'm 23 years old going for my 2nd bachelors degree in engineering after doing nothing with my first in biology.

Initially wanted to go to medical school (go figure) but found my heart lying in the automotive world. So there went four years of my life.

Graduated and worked a very crappy job at a car dealership prior to starting my first semester of engineering. Was applying to some co-ops and alhamdulillah landed a very good one to replace my 2nd semester. Little did I know my crappy job at the dealership caught the eye of my manager!

Spent 9 months working earning good money and having fun. Bought a few bikes, did a few trips, and truly enjoyed a taste of the professional working life. Met a lot of wonderful people too.

That time ended and now I'm back in school which is a total buzzkill. But again AH I saved up and paid for school to alleviate the financial burden on my parents. I'm also working another solid internship while being a full-time student. It is hectic and stressful but fulfilling.

I'm not where I want to be yet and I wish I chose engineering four years ago. But Allah (SWT) has something planned for all of us. Ultimately he has given me everything I asked AND worked for. If it wasn't granted, the reason was elucidated to me later.

If he's allowed me to enjoy the fruits of my labor on this path then I know it's the one for me.

Your end goal may be 2 or 3 years distance from now. But work towards it one day at a time. One course at a time. And one job at a time. Believe in yourself and Allah when the going gets tough and remind yourself he's watched your back before. So there's no reason he won't help you again.

Married at 22 was that your personal goal?

Personally, I don't want to be married until two or three years after I've graduated and have been working. Want to enjoy my single life for a bit - save up, get a house, travel, bikes, etc.

Well I wasn't actively working toward it but yeah it would have been nice.

Well I wasn't actively working toward it but yeah it would have been nice.

What's now stopping you from getting married, besides finding someone

What's now stopping you from getting married, besides finding someone

She is getting married lol. Nice try tho

GOLD

Everything else, such as work and education are secondary.

Say whattt. That's blasphemy to parents

MM is over 10 years old now, which would make some members 30. Do you ever think about your age and how you haven't achieved what you wanted or expected to. Did you ever plan about the future, and is your life actually going to plan?

I tend to find a lot of people are unsatisfied in one way or another. Does anyone feel that their life is too repetitive and dull and can't seem to find a way out.

Or you actually happy with how things went or are going.

No.

The world doesn't end when you graduate college (or uni), get a job, or become 30, or 40, or whatever makes you feel insecure.