Maniac Muslim Forums
superman

Getting on a bit

in sha Allah one day you'll get up in the morning and decide what you really want

Well, I do know what I really want.

I'm in a sort of purgatory atm lol. Finished studying and apparently I'm supposed to get a job and/or husband but I'm just working part time and not doing much of anything else.

I'm in a sort of purgatory atm lol. Finished studying and apparently I'm supposed to get a job and/or husband but I'm just working part time and not doing much of anything else.

preach sister, I no exactly wut u mean

Gave up Xbox Live?

Gave up Xbox Live?

Lol yes. I play on Steam mostly now because the games are generally cheaper for PC.

Your ideas and ambitions will constantly change. That's not a bad thing. I never believed 5 years ago I would be where I'm at doing what I do for a living. With that said, I had this job marked as a potential goal and that is something I believe would help you: have a list of potential job placements and the goals you need to achieve to gain the career path you want.

If you don't want to work in the field you focused on in school then by all means pursue your true passion but it's vastly important to define your end goal then simply thinking "in finance or something".

When you interview for jobs of any position your employer is going to want to ask you why you chose to apply for the job you're interviewing for; the more competitive the position the less bull sh*t they'll take. Saying something to the effect of "I chose this field because my true passion lies here and this position fulfills that passion and here's my history proving my track record" goes a lot further than "I feel like this is what I want right now".

@ bold, I said this in my interview for a retail job, but employers are pretty fussy nowadays. But I really do love retail, also I feel its important to have jobs like that for people like me who don't have a degree therefore I can make retail my career by learning on the job.

Lol yes. I play on Steam mostly now because the games are generally cheaper for PC.

What have you been playing recently? Do you like the telltale games? I'm about to start the Batman series on PS4.

Btw, I'm 29 and not married, no kids yet. It happens for you when it happens. I am getting a cat before I have a child LOL.

@ bold, I said this in my interview for a retail job, but employers are pretty fussy nowadays. But I really do love retail, also I feel its important to have jobs like that for people like me who don't have a degree therefore I can make retail my career by learning on the job.

you love retail? Never would have guessed