Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spider

A Nightly Exhilaration

Well scientifically speaking I don't know what brainwaves are. Colloquially I do. It's the same with energy. I can give you a colloquial definition but this doesn't give much insight to its mathematical definition. The theta delta Charlie notation is also a bit specific, what discerns one from the other. What are the implications of increasing theta activity? Idk the answer to these questions.

You also do this thing where you take a translated arabic text, and comment on the words specifically in the translation. Are you bilingual? Do you see the issue with this?

Well scientifically speaking I don't know what brainwaves are. Colloquially I do. It's the same with energy. I can give you a colloquial definition but this doesn't give much insight to its mathematical definition. The theta delta Charlie notation is also a bit specific, what discerns one from the other. What are the implications of increasing theta activity? Idk the answer to these questions.

Well, understanding it colloquially is good enough. I don't need to explain the most scientific and mathematical aspects about brainwaves in order to make you understand what the main point of my thread is. That's why there was really no need for me to explain a whole lot. Why should I waste my time with needless explanation? Besides, MM is not Wikipedia.

You also do this thing where you take a translated arabic text, and comment on the words specifically in the translation. Are you bilingual? Do you see the issue with this?

Wrong, because I also wrote (in post # 2) that "each of the three words have varying layers of meanings in Arabic, so even the translations are inadequate (as usual)."

Secondly, in post # 3, I included comments made by scholars - and even tafseers - regarding the same translated verse.

I don't think it goes beyond the element of sacrifice or the fact that in Arabia nights are significantly more manageable than the day. It's deeply igrained in Arabian culture to have a siesta (with technological advancements like air conditioning this is less necessary), many people still do sleep for around 3 hours after they return from work so I don't think sleep deprivation heightening your emotional senses has much to do with it. It is probably the opposite in the sense at night time in those conditions it's obviously far easier to focus.

Like one of your sources talking about increased theta activity. This doesnt support your claim if they mean that low freq brainwaves increase by replacing high frequency ones.

Also dont take me the wrong way. You made a claim so im asking qs

Because if you don't understand the terms in your references then you don't truly know if the reference truly backs your claim

You don't know whether or not I know the terms in my references.
Also, the whole thing about brainwaves is one of the least important parts in this thread. I could have just not made that post at all. The main claim that I wanted to demonstrate is in post # 5. Read that and then tell me if you see something wrong there.

I don't think it goes beyond the element of sacrifice or the fact that in Arabia nights are significantly more manageable than the day. It's deeply igrained in Arabian culture to have a siesta (with technological advancements like air conditioning this is less necessary), many people still do sleep for around 3 hours after they return from work so I don't think sleep deprivation heightening your emotional senses has much to do with it. It is probably the opposite in the sense at night time in those conditions it's obviously far easier to focus.

So, in the verse where Allah said that the night is the most suitable time for the Quran, do you think that that is more accurate for people in Arabia than other places of the world?

You don't know whether or not I know the terms in my references.

Also, the whole thing about brainwaves is one of the least important parts in this thread. I could have just not made that post at all. The main claim that I wanted to demonstrate is in post # 5. Read that and then tell me if you see something wrong there.

lol nice way to shift it from one post to another. You know what dude, you're way too defensive and you need to work on that.

As for post #5, there's probably nothing wrong there. Granted I don't know what those regions of the brain are though.

So do you think I raised a good point in my last post?

No, because you wrote "This doesn't support your claim if they mean that low freq brainwaves increase by replacing high frequency ones," but you didn't mention exactly what "claim" you were referring to. So, I don't even know what you're talking about.

lol nice way to shift it from one post to another. You know what dude, you're way too defensive and you need to work on that.

I am only trying to get you to focus on the most important arguments in my thread.

About me being way too defensive, you're probably just jealous because your criticisms have all been so easily refuted. :P