Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mo-

We Need Spambot Protection

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/372907-stop-the-spam-guide-to-stopping-spammers/

Something like this has to be done. We reached a point where we have spambots posting nude photographs and links, constant product selling spam and other such things. ReCaptcha works well but so would a question in the registration form like "What is a follower of Islam?". The forums slowly beginning to see a bit more activity but these spambots still function.

Recently I was actually thinking of changing the registration question (and adding an extra question). I'll do that today some time insha'Allah, but of course I'll also ask the staff members if this is okay. I also read the same thread that you linked like about like a week ago lol.

But there are bots though, isn't there ... like the ones 'liking' posts without posting anything?

Ban all those umrah people and delete their posts and ban their IP address and then set a pack of rabid dogs on them.

these are human spammers, not bots though.

We've had bots posting nude photos and sales links though they aren't humans. The human ones can be banned.

humans get banned asap. Bot control is in place though. Otherwise you'd see far more nude photos than you see now. We can turn on additional email checks etc., until this wave passes maybe

humans get banned asap. Bot control is in place though. Otherwise you'd see far more nude photos than you see now. We can turn on additional email checks etc., until this wave passes maybe

Yeah make them do verbal reasoning tests.