WARRIOR2016

My poet

Your words touch my heart so fast,

Like rhythm, reaching to last

Rahma, lingering in the air.

These beautiful thoughts that you share

Holding on so articulately,

But letting go so magically.

Why didn't you tell me you could write poetry.

Why didn't you tell me that you speak easily.

You open my imagination,

Making a world of fascination

Cooling the unrest in my heart

The poison, that tears me apart

How enlightening your words are to me!

How surreal this feeling you bring to me.

Why didn't you tell me that you could write poetry?

Why didn't you tell me that you speak so easily?

^ Lol yknow what this reminds me of? Them comparing poetry threads and the argument between yourself and writeous.

its one thing to write poems which are not good. Its the right of the person. it's a different story when people get overtly defensive when met with criticism. but now i am shifting my criticsm from the poet to the naive audience. they are the true culprit.

its one thing to write poems which are not good. Its the right of the person. it's a different story when people get overtly defensive when met with criticism. but now i am shifting my criticsm from the poet to the naive audience. they are the true culprit.

It boils down to the same thing as before, people have different understanding of what counts as as a good poem. Most people just want to encourage others to write so they say nice things, plus it's a bit harsh to start criticising others (though it can be argued that if you share your work on a public platform you open it to critique) but personally i'm still a low level sociopath so I don't have the heart to say anything but nice things if I decide to say something.

I see it this way, poetry is the prerogative of the writer. Whatever their mind wants to put in to writing or express in some kind of format.

I'm a self taught amateur and I enjoy writing even if it may mean breaking the rules of what real poetry is. I don't take the rules too seriously although I appreciate real poetry and real poets. I just write as soon as I think of something.

I agree with S.W and superman. It's up to the reader what they want to think of it whether they want to praise it, criticise it or put some suggestions forward. It really doesn't bother me because I'm writing because I want to, not necessarily for feedback although that's always interesting to see and learn from.

A 'creative' platform to write my own writing is given to me so I chose to take advantage of it.

Thank you everyone :-)

Over criticism kills confidence and stifles creativity. Over praise doesn't allow one to improve

good point. right now there is hardly any criticism anywhere on muslim platforms and plathora of ooh's and aah's.

It boils down to the same thing as before, people have different understanding of what counts as as a good poem. Most people just want to encourage others to write so they say nice things, plus it's a bit harsh to start criticising others (though it can be argued that if you share your work on a public platform you open it to critique) but personally i'm still a low level sociopath so I don't have the heart to say anything but nice things if I decide to say something.

what are your true feelings about this poem then?

I'd say it boils down to Muslim population in general have very low threshold for passing poetry as acceptable. it's not only about poetry, all intellectual endeavors get an easy pass. any old person publishes scientific theories about evolution or scientific miracles and it is acceptable by the greater muslim community as an amazing discoveries. Any snotty nasal whiner can get accepted as a great singer. mere da'ees get passed as shaikhs. the list goes on and on.

what are your true feelings about this poem then?

I'd say it boils down to Muslim population in general have very low threshold for passing poetry as acceptable. it's not only about poetry, all intellectual endeavors get an easy pass. any old person publishes scientific theories about evolution or scientific miracles and it is acceptable by the greater muslim community as an amazing discoveries. Any snotty nasal whiner can get accepted as a great singer. mere da'ees get passed as shaikhs. the list goes on and on.

Okay, that's fair enough I see the point that you're trying to make. We do need to raise the bar as a community for pretty much everything.

As far as this poems on MM are concerned, I don't have the heart to criticise others, especially when I don't have a) the skills to write the kind of poetry I like b ) the courage to share my work on MM. Maybe if I knew for sure that people were able to to accept it and won't get upset by it then I would be able to speak honestly, but I prefer to just let it be.

this post was made yesterday.

anyways, this is not a good peom. what's worst is how people are reacting. the taste of ummah has gone down

Burden of proof falls upon OP to prove it's his/hers