Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
S.W

Sociopaths v Psychopaths / Possible Career/Life change

LOL wth is this.

I just thought the way sociopaths think was very clever. It seems like sociopaths are psychopaths are always on point - not the kind to lose their oyster card and have to buy 3 monthly travelcards in one month.

Apparently sociopaths are mostly really successful in their careers too. All of these facts just made me think about introducing some changes in my life.

Which is why my second post was this :

But I don't want to ever hurt anyone in any capacity but I would like to train my mind to become a Sociopath.

How I do diz?

I think i'm aiming for a low to medium level sociopath powers.

you could try not caring about peoples problems. Like the more you hear about bad stuff the more desensitised you become innit.

Tbh maybe you think is a solution to your problem when it isn't

So at work we got into this discussion about sociopaths and psychopaths.

I was so worried that i could be sociopath but i took two online tests and alhamdulilah i'm not one.

But I find these defintions really interesting, apparently sociopaths are no able to empathise with others but they are able to fake it to fit in with others and seem normal.

I like the idea of not empathising with others and being more logical/methodical/cunning rather than emotional/soft.

I think I would like to become a sociopath. Please help.

You are not a sociopath just because you are more logical than emotional in your ways.

1) You have to remember that inability to feel empathy is just one of many traits that characterizes a sociopath. Possessing this trait, on its own, does not make you a sociopath.

2) You have to remember that empathy is not something you are supposed to feel towards all people, and constantly. We all have to be selective about who and what we empathize with, because none of us have the capacity to empathize with everything and everyone.

Social media is commonly used as a platform for people to post their many sob stories on...every single day. I have stopped empathizing with these sob stories, because I learned the hard way that there are at least two sides to every story, and when only one person is telling the story...you simply don't get an accurate representation of it. So you can't make a fair judgement of it. This doesn't make you a sociopath, it just makes you a sensible human being...

Our whole conception of what sociopaths, psychopaths etc are are mostly drawn very lazily from (even lazier) depictions in popular media. So say psychopath and people think Hannibal Lector. Say autistic, people think Rainman etc. There's no time for nuance when everyone wants a shorthand point of reference- no matter how inaccurate it is.

Our whole conception of what sociopaths, psychopaths etc are are mostly drawn very lazily from (even lazier) depictions in popular media. So say psychopath and people think Hannibal Lector. Say autistic, people think Rainman etc. There's no time for nuance when everyone wants a shorthand point of reference- no matter how inaccurate it is.

PEHGGYT.jpg