Maniac Muslim Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Venomystic

Woman abuses Muslim woman for wearing niqab!

Here's the story:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/bradesposito/macquarie-uni-rant?utm_term=.tmKLWjAOq#.ge83qNnpm

So do we have any MMers in Australia? I didn't know people could be so Islamophobic there as well. As far as I've heard, it's a very tolerant country.

^ Australia is, was one of the more racist and islamophobic countries. It has been going towards christian right for some time now.

^ Australia is, was one of the more racist and islamophobic countries. It has been going towards christian right for some time now.

Really...that's news to me :mellow: But this incident is still quite shocking - it must be quite scary to be at the receiving end of such behavior!

Yeah, Australia is quite racist. I don't think we have any active Aussie MMers at the moment. We need to recruit.

What I found 'funny' was that it was this Asian woman who I could barely understand saying she was scared of the niqaabi. I always find it weird when minorities behave like this, like generally minorities are prejudiced against and yet here you have a woman who is prejudicing someone else. I don't know if that makes any sense.

Yeah, Australia is quite racist. I don't think we have any active Aussie MMers at the moment. We need to recruit.

What I found 'funny' was that it was this Asian woman who I could barely understand saying she was scared of the niqaabi. I always find it weird when minorities behave like this, like generally minorities are prejudiced against and yet here you have a woman who is prejudicing someone else. I don't know if that makes any sense.

I feel hurt when a minority is racist too because its like "but duuuuuude you should know what this feels like why would you do it". Its such a deep feeling of disappointment and shame for that person.

Minorities are often racist as a kind of one up-manship. Like "I'm now palatable and acceptable for my hosts/masters, YOU on the other hand are not good enough". It's like the ultimate inferiority complex- you've surely seen the Black people for Trump and turban-wearing Sikh members of the BNP?

^ Suppose that makes sense.

In a wierd way i've found the opposite to be true too, people with pale skin, when they are a minority they try to act black or desi. Using ethnic emojis and phrases, going out of their way to show their culinary prowess by using words like 'gobi', 'pakora' and even 'bhindayeeeee'. I wonder why people so crap within themselves to have to do that kinda thing yknow? It reeks of insecurity and just bad breath,

Yes it's like a really inappropriate cultural appropriation. It's worse when they have genuinely desi friends who general society wouldn't touch with a barge pole, but they stick with them from a combination of pity and... More pity.

Yes it's like a really inappropriate cultural appropriation. It's worse when they have genuinely desi friends who general society wouldn't touch with a barge pole, but they stick with them from a combination of pity and... More pity.

Do you think people who fall into this cateogry, (who are also often mistaken for their colonial masters) have a deeper sense of failure and overall incompetence because they lack the basic empathy and compassion needed for day to day life? For example, if they see someone drowning instead of putting their starters down and trying to help, they chuck their glass of water in that persons face hoping the drown even faster?

If we are to be just in our analysis then I'd say on account of their bad breath and everything else they were more deserving of pity...and more pity.